Notes from Mike McCarthy's Wednesday press conference
The Packers hit the practice field for the first time this week Wednesday. At 7-6-1, the Packers control their own destiny in regards to making the playoffs. If they beat the Steelers (home) and Bears (road), they will win the NFC North and host at least one playoff game.
As per usual, Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media following Wednesday's practice. Below are some top-line notes from his session.
DID NOT PRACTICE: Brandon Bostick, Johnny Jolly, Brad Jones, Eddie Lacy, Mike Neal, Nick Perry
LIMITED AT PRACTICE: Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Pickett, CJ Wilson, Randall Cobb
- Randall Cobb looked good. His strength and conditioning is at a good level. Not sure if he will be ready for Sunday.
- Aaron Rodgers has not yet been medically cleared. Going through a similar work pattern as last week. Looks sharp. Not sure if he will be ready.
- Plan for QB's worked well last week. Flynn needs to be ready to play.
- Being smart with Lacy. Thinks he will be ready this weekend. Run game opens up passing game...gotta be able to run in December.
- The team is confident. Players clearly understand what is in front of them. Treating is like a semi-final game.
- Bell is a talented RB. Liked him coming out of MSU.
- Guys were spent after Sunday's win. Need to make sure they are emotionally charged this week and ready to play Sunday. Today's practice was good.
- Defense was able to make corrections on Sunday. Adjustments are critical, but team needs to play better from the start.
- Steelers (and Packers) have changed since the Super Bowl. Nature of the NFL.
- WR group has responded very well since Cobb's injury. Boykin has REALLY stepped up. Jordy has been great all year long. Jones has played well since returning.