Notes from Mike McCarthy's Wednesday press conference
The Packers hit the practice field Wednesday in preparation for Sunday's contest against the Minnesota Vikings. Scott Tolzien will make his first start at Lambeau Field Sunday. Meanwhile, Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier announced Wednesday that Christian Ponder will start for Minnesota. Ponder was benched in the Vikings week 11 loss to the Seahawks following interceptions on back-to-back drives in the 4th quarter.
Below are some notes from Mike McCarthy's press conference.
LIMITED IN PRACTICE: Even Dietrich-Smith, Andy Mulumba, Mike Neal, Ryan Pickett
DID NOT PRACTICE: Casey Hayward, Sam Shields, Nick Perry, Johnny Jolly, Aaron Rodgers, James Nixon, Don Barclay
- Rookie OL JC Tretter (drafted in 4th round) worked out for the first time since breaking his ankle in May. Packers have three weeks max to determine his roster status.
- Good practice today despite number of players injured. Report usually a little longer at this time of the year.
- Shields and Barclay unable to practice. Still going through rehab.
- Need to play better and play better at home. Part of the big picture discussion (winning at home).
- Don't really have an update on Randall Cobb. Seems to be moving around a lot better.
- Special teams has been affected due to the injury situation. All part of the challenge right now.
- Tolzien's completion percentage is solid. His one issue has been interceptions. Decision making must improve.
- Eddie Lacy continues to produce. Doesn't feel like he has hit a wall given all the carries.
- Big time sense of urgency this week. Need to stay focused on the task at hand...doesn't pay attention to the playoff picture.
- Jordy Nelson is special. Been professional from the start of his career. Leadership has grown over the years. Great representative of what an NFL player is supposed to be - on and off the field.