Notes from Mike McCarthy's Wednesday press conference
The Green Bay Packers practiced for the first time this week Wednesday morning. The short-handed Packers (3-2) will host the Cleveland Browns (3-3) Sunday afternoon at Lambeau Field. As always, Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media following practice. Below are some top-line notes from his session.
LIMITED AT PRACTICE: Casey Hayward,
DID NOT PRACTICE: Clay Matthews (out), Brad Jones, James Starks (out), Nick Perry (out), Ryan Taylor (out), James Jones, Mike Neal,
- Ryan Taylor will miss a couple weeks with an knee injury that he had surgery on. Was described as a "surprise injury" by McCarthy.
- Mike Neal has a bruised shoulder. May not be available tomorrow.
- Not fun having just 2 OLB's at practice today. Wednesday is an installation day.
- Will know more about James Jones on Friday.
- Brad Jones has made a positive stride in his rehab. Casey Hayward looks ready to go...hopeful for Sunday.
- Derek Sherrod will be in pads tomorrow. Will begin individual work.
- "Keep calm and carry on" is the mantra for the team moving forward.
- Lots of respect for Browns defense.
- Decision to out Cobb on IR was in-line with the medical report.
- Joe Thomas is a very good football player. He can do everything and has done it well for a long time. Very patient player.
- Myles White and Stoneburner need to step in and play. They know the system.
- Brandon Weeden's comfort likely disrupted with change in coordinators. He can make all the throws. Young, up and coming QB in the NFL.