Notes from Mike McCarthy's Thursday press conference
The Green Bay Packers practiced for the second time this week on Thursday. Returning to practice, on a limited basis were TE Jermichael Finley (toe) and G Josh Sitton (back). For the second consecutive day, S Morgan Burnett was also limited. Cornerback Casey Hayward has already been ruled out for the home opener against the Washington Redskins Sunday afternoon.
Below are some top-line notes from Mike McCarthy's post-practice press conference.
- Jermichael is making progress but was limited today. He and Sitton are roughly the same status moving forward.
- Morgan Burnett was able to do more today than expected.
- Burnett is key communicator on the defense. Very good player who makes a difference when he's on the field. At this point last week, they thought he was going to play. Backups did not have a full practice week with number one's.
- Jarrett Bush "pulled up" today at practice.
- Mike Neal played well at OLB position. He's progressing well.
- Preparation is no different playing at home versus the road. Wants to make a great first impression to the fans.
- South endzone should have an effect on crowd noise. All for increasing the number of ourdoor seating.
- Kickers have a practice schedule coordinated with the grounds keeper at Lambeau. Possible that wind patters could change with addition of new seating.
- John Kuhn is a four-down player. Brings significant value to the team on offense and special teams.
- Hamstring issues are frustrating. Every case is different. Training staff looks at video and breaks down each and every injury.
- London Fletcher (Redskins LB) is an excellent LB at 38 years old. Class act. Very instinctive. He's the QB of the Redskins defense.