Notes from Mike McCarthy's Wednesday press conference
For the second straight day, the Packers put the pads on for training camp practice. The team will travel to St. Louis on Friday before taking on the Rams on Saturday. Below are some top line notes from Mike McCarthy's post-practice press conference.
- James Starks missed practice. He is day to day with a chest injury.
- Not certain if DuJuan Harris and Eddie Lacy will play on Saturday.
- Lacy did a little more in practice today (compared to Harris). Health is priority for both. Don't want to go backwards.
- Randall Cobb had some swelling after Tuesday's practice. Probably will not practice Thursday and is a "stretch" to play Saturday.
- Tyrone Walker has been very consistent in camp, and played well against the Cardinals. Easy for QB's to read. Timing seems good.
- Vince Young was clearly different today than he was a week ago. More comfortable in and out of the huddle.
- Mike Neal showed ability to be a difference maker today. Mike had his best practice of training camp today.
- Would like to play all four quarterbacks in on Saturday.
- Aaron Rodgers has been very consistent in camp. Good rhythm. Good rapport with young players. Excellent command of huddle.
- Trying to establish routine and rhythm at all positions. Not always easy to do with offensive line.
- Jeremy Ross has been given many opportunities to shine. Needs to be more consistent down after down. Good return instincts. Decisive runner after the catch.
- Rodgers is the same guy every day. He's in a good place right now...doesn't have to worry as much about paying the bills anymore.
Now off to the locker room. Will have a full camp report on Sports Central tonight (Wednesday) at 6:00.