Notes From Mike McCarthy's Tuesday Press Conference
Green Bay Packers Head Coach, Mike McCarthy addressed the media after the Packers late afternoon practice on Tuesday. Normally, injuries are discussed at the beginning of McCarthy's press conferences, but seeing as today is Tuesday, and the first injury report is due to the league on Wednesday, there was no information on who participated today and who did not.
Below are some top-line notes from McCarthy's session.
- Identified the 49ers as a very good team coming into the season, and is not surprised they earned a number 2 seed in the NFC. They play the game the right way - physical. Team is looking forward to the challenge.
- Aaron Rodgers' ability to communicate in loud environments is a strength of his. He deserves a lot of credit for how he operated the offense at home and on the road.
- Week 1 will apply to this weeks game plan. There are some matchups that will be the same.
- Kaepernick has been very impressive since taking over. Can make all the throws and is a big-time athlete.
- Has no problems going on the road. Distractions are somewhat limited. Team is built well to play at a high level on the road.
- San Francisco is a special place (McCarthy coached there for one year). Candlestick is a special place with great history.
- Not sure if field conditions will present a problem for either team.
- 49ers team speed on defense is impressive. Very strong defensive line play. Plan is to run the offense as usual...not going to change the way they play.
- Feels like they can improve on week one performance, Execution level was not where he wanted it to be.
- Remembers watching the game where T.O. caught winning TD in playoff game. You know - the game where Rice fumbled and it wasn't called correctly!!! (sorry...editor's note)
Off to the locker room. Will have more later.