Notes from Mike McCarthy's Thursday press conference
Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media Thursday afternoon following practice. Below are some notes from the session.
DID NOT PRACTICE: Worthy (out for season), Boykin, Tramon Williams (illness)
LIMITED IN PRACTICE: Starks
- Tramon had flu symptoms and was sent home.
- Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson both practiced in full and looked good today. Cobb pushed it. Both will be evaluated again tomorrow.
- Not surprised by the way Christian Ponder played against the Packers in week 17. Has shown improvement over the past few weeks. Packers need to do a better job of controlling down and distance.
- Believes the "X-Factor" will be the line play on both sides of the ball.
- Did all team work outside on Wednesday, and about 30 minutes of work outside today. Ball security a major focus.
- Tomorrow (Friday) is being treated as a Saturday in the Packers schedule. Team will check into hotel tomorrow night.
- Evan Dietrich-Smith has done a very good job managing the tempo of the offense at center. Jeff Saturday has served as a "big brother" to EDS.
- Great to have a healthy team. Will be tough this week to develop the active 46-man roster for the game.
- There is no pre-determined snap count for Charles Woodson. Will see how he holds up. He appears to be in good condition.
- Playing out in the elements is what the Green Bay Packers are used to. Have to become comfortable with the uncomfortable weather. Game will come down to fundamentals as usual.
- Has conversations every week to talk about the coin toss. Statistics for both teams are used to make decision prior to the game on whether or not to defer/receive.
Off to the locker room.