Notes from Mike McCarthy's Wednesday press conference
Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media Wednesday afternoon at Lambeau Field. Below are some top-line notes from the session.
DID NOT PRACTICE: Worthy (out for season), Boykin
LIMITED IN PRACTICE: Cobb, Finley, House, Nelson, Starks
- Jordy Nelson ran well in the team workout. Doctor wants to evaluate again tomorrow to see how his knee responds.
- Hopeful guys who have missed time can hit the ground running and not skip a beat.
- Always a goal to have as many weapons as possible on the field. Feels like the team will be a healthy one come Saturday night.
- Peterson's season has been incredible. Need to play better run defense and pass defense.
- Charles Woodson is a dynamic player - very versatile. His flexibility will be key to defensive game plan.
- Feels Lambeau Field home field advantage is important despite what recent stats may show. Field will be in great shape. Atmosphere will be great.
- Special teams has been the most consistent unit this season. Coverage teams have been strong, but needs to be better than they were in week 17. Punting has been good. Crosby has struggled, but has shown signs of improvement.
- Been very pleased with how Crosby has responded to challenge laid out by coaches.
- Feels like the o-line (and offense as a whole) has come together well the last couple weeks.
- Defense has been playing well, but needs to do a better job this week versus last week.
- Jeremy Ross played very well in the return game against the Vikings. Ross, Tramon Williams and Randall Cobb will all field punts during practice this week (per usual).
- On Ray Lewis retirement announcement: His career as a player and leader are first ballot hall of fame worthy. Compares Lewis' leadership ability to that of Charles Woodson. Both players command respect in the locker room.
Off to the locker room.