Notes from Mike McCarthy's Thursday press conference
Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media following Thursdays padded practice. Below are some notes from the brief session.
DID NOT PRACTICE: Charles Woodson, James Starks, Randall Cobb, Davon House
LIMITED IN PRACTICE: Mason Crosby, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton
- CJ Wilson's padded practice was successful.
- Great energy at practice today. Was pleased with the effort.
- Finley is healthy and in a good rhythm. Need to keep him in a good groove.
- Proud of all guys who were named to the pro bowl team. Lowest representation of pro bowlers since 2008.
- Saturday should not apologize for anything (in regards to being benched and making pro bowl roster).
- Crosby did limited work today due to illness. No reason to think he wouldn't suit up for Sunday's game.
- Cobb will be tested tomorrow to see how ankle/knee responds. Holding him out today was by design. May know Friday or Saturday if he's able to play.
- Doc McKenzie does not feel its in Woodson's best interest to play this weekend. Trying to be smart with injury considering playoffs around the corner.
- Woodson has been practicing for 4 weeks. Conditioning level should be fine. How the team utilizes him will be to the team's benefit.
Now off to the locker room to chat up the players about the game on Sunday.