McCarthy notes from 10/11 media session
CREATED Oct. 11, 2012
Green Bay Packers Head Coach, Mike McCarthy addressed the media this afternoon at Lambeau Field. Below are the cliff notes from his brief session:
- DJ Williams tweaked his hamstring during 7-on-7 drills yesterday and sat out practice today. Williams has never had a hamstring injury before and McCarthy is hopeful for his ability to play Sunday. With Finley's status uncertain for Sunday, Williams figures to have an increased role if healthy.
- Guys on PUP list are progressing. Frank Zombo and Andrew Quarless are getting closer. Tackle Derek Sherrod is a bit further away.
- Penalties were high against the Colts. Its an area that has been stressed this week. Average penalties per game needs to go down.
- Finley, Jennings and Raji will not need to practice on Friday in order to play on Sunday. The night game allows for almost another full day of treatment.
- Jeff Saturday has done a good job, but it seems to be a bigger adjustment for him in the Packers offense. His work ethic is excellent, he's a true professional, and McCarthy is happy to have him.
- McCarthy is conscious of number of snaps Cobb receives. Given he's the main return man, the number of snaps needs to be monitored.
- Arian Foster is an excellent running back and perfect for the Texans scheme. He will test the patience of the Packers defense. He can hit the home run, he's very patient.
- "We had a heck of a practice." McCarthy highlighted third down efficiency in 7-on-7 as a major plus.
- Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson are studs.
Off to the locker room to talk to the players and watch the O-line play backgammon!