Report: Packers spend more on defense than they do offense
Photo: Image by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Offense may typically get the big money while defense wins championships, but for the Green Bay Packers it seems to be a case of putting your money where your muscle is.
According to The Guardian, the Green Bay Packers have spent $800,000 more on defense than they did offense for the 2013 season.
The Packers' reported $56.8 million on defense is mainly going toward five players:
- Cornerback Tramon Williams ($8.5 million)
- Linebacker Clay Matthews ($6.71 million)
- Defensive lineman Ryan Pickett ($6.7 million)
- Defensive lineman B.J. Raji ($6.595 million)
- Linebacker A.J. Hawk ($5.2 million)
The Packers' offensive salaries total $56 million, including:
- Quarterback Aaron Rodgers ($12 million)
- Tight end Jermichael Finley ($8.75 million)
- Guard Josh Sitton ($5.55 million)
- Wide receiver Jordy Nelson ($3.975 million)
- Wide receiver James Jones ($3.75 million)
Scroll through the photo gallery for a slideshow of the Packers' highly-paid defensive stars.