OKAUCHEE- Lilli Zuniga spent the last 11 months planning the details of her dream wedding and reception.
Now just five months before she says "I do," she finds herself saying "I don't know."
"Where am I supposed to put these people, where am I supposed... My garage is not big enough," Zuniga said.
A few weeks ago she found out Bluemound Gardens banquet hall is considering selling the site. Lilli felt blindsided.
"How can my venue that I booked back in August not tell me that they are planning to sell?"
She is not the only bride in limbo.
Danielle's mother has been trying to get her daughter's deposit back, so they can put money down on another venue.
"At this point and time I can't book another venue without a deposit. I don't have $1,000 or $2,000 dollars," said mother of the bride Laura Vanderwaal.
Both ladies say the owner was unwilling to release them from their contracts until they know if they're selling or not. That could be too late for the brides.
We reached out to the owners who said:
"We appreciate the importance of wedding dates and it is our goal to work with and assist anyone who will possibly be affected in the event our sale occurs."
But the brides will have to wait until the first week of march, and Lilli's patience is running thin.
"I am not the kind of person to deal with the unknown, especially when it is dealing with most wonderful day of my life."
Read the full statement from Wauwatosa Hotel Group, LLC below:
"We understand that the potential sale of our facility has created uncertainty for some of our banquet clients and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Of course, we appreciate the importance of wedding dates and it is our goal to work with and assist anyone who will possibly be affected in the event our sale occurs.
We have dedicated resources in place to aid in the transition of our customers to a number of local venues, in most cases at the same prices we offer, and have successfully coordinated a change of venue with many clients already. We will have further information about the likelihood of our potential sale shortly after March 4.
Until then, we ask for continued patience, cooperation and understanding from those parties that may be affected if the sale goes through. We truly appreciate those who understand the circumstances and have been willing to work with us directly to manage the situation."