By Jonah Kaplan. CREATED Jun 25, 2014
MILWAUKEE -- With Summerfest underway on Wednesday afternoon, the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office is warning music fans to watch out.
Sheriff David Clarke said people need to be on alert for thieves, especially those that may target Park and Ride lots where cars sit all day. His rule of thumb: “Hide it, lock it, keep it.” Hide valuables, lock your car and keep your valuables.
There are nine places to drop of your car and ride into Milwaukee for Summerfest:
- College (Route 40) College Ave., at I-94 (both lots)
- Brown Deer East (Route 49) Brown Deer Rd., west of I-43
- Holt (Route 47) Holt Ave. west of I-94
- Loomis (Route 47) Loomis Rd., south of Coldspring Rd.
- Ryan Road (Route 41) Ryan Road and I-94
- State Fair Park (Route 44) I-94, S. 76th and W. Kearney
- Whitnall/Hales Corners (Route 43) I-43, east of S. 108th St.
- Burleigh/Mayfair Collection (Route 45) just north of Burleigh Street, east of US Hwy 45 and at 114th Street)
- Timmerman (Route 39) Timmerman Field at Appleton & N. 96th St.