Nine suffer c-o poisoning at Wisconsin Dells hotel
LAKE DELTON, Wis. - Three people were rushed to Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee and six others were treated and released from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Lake Delton hotel Friday night.
Travelodge Wisconsin Dells blames the leak on a malfunctioning jacuzzi heater.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Amanda Antes, who works at the front desk, and other employees started to get headaches around 11pm and then noticed the carbon monoxide detector flashing.
The hotel located at 350 W. Munroe Avenue will be closed pending further investigation.
The Salvation Army was assisting guests with temporary shelter.
Later, four more people arrived at St. Clare Hospital seeking treatment.