Fire leaves former mayor temporarily homeless
Photo: Video by tmj4.com
MILWAUKEE - A residential fire has forced a former Milwaukee mayor out of his home, for now.
It happened Saturday afternoon near Capitol and 16th Streets at the home of Marvin Pratt, a former "acting" mayor and former alderman.
Pratt and his wife, Diane, were home when the roof caught fire.
Pratt says his wife is the one who noticed sparks coming from electrical outlets in the home Saturday afternoon.
No one was injured, but firefighters say the smell of smoke will remporarily keep the Pratts from living there.
Today's TMJ4's Keller Russell reports.