Search for $1M Powerball winner who bought ticket in West Allis
the WTMJ News Team
WEST ALLIS - While two Powerball winners are sharing more than $580 million, someone who bought a ticket in West Allis is $1 million richer.
Officials with the Wisconsin Lottery want to know who bought the ticket at the Speedway on the corner of South 92nd Street and West Oklahoma Avenue.
People who bought tickets in Arizona and Missouri will share the more-than-a-half-billion-dollar jackpot. Their tickets had all the winning numbers: 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and the Powerball of 6.
The hunt is on for the winners, including the million dollar winner in West Allis.
The manager of the Speedway told TODAY'S TMJ4's Nick Montes that someone called claiming to be the winner, and they wanted to know how to get their money.
"He didn't want to get any publicity or anything like that. He just wanted to know how he finds out if it was indeed true."
That caller apparently got the news because they received about 40 text messages on their cell phone.
Someone else won $40,000 because of the power play prize multiplier feature. They purchased that ticket in Montello, Wis.
Nine other winners in Wisconsin can claim $10,000 prizes.
Those 10 winners came from the following stores:
- Appleton: Freedom Mini Mart, N4012 CTY Rd. E
- Cross Plains: Kwik Trip, 2508 Main St.
- Fond du Lac: Korneli's Main Street Express, 506 S. Main St.
- Grand Marsh: Myrt's Handi Mart, 626 CTY Rd. E
- Kenosha: Piggly Wiggly, 2215 80th St.
- Janesville: Janesville Travel Center, 3222 Old Humes Rd.
- Marinette: T & T Fermanich Oil Co., 1011 Marinette Ave.
- Milwaukee: Har Gobind Citgo, 3434 W. Oklahoma Ave.
- Montello: Montello Mart, 128 Church St. ($40,000 award)
- Superior: East End BP, 2128 E. 2nd St.
Every Wisconsin winner has 180 days to claim their prize.