Loading...

Weather Alerts 1 View »

Child dead, another hospitalized after ingesting gasoline

Child dead, another hospitalized after ingesting gasoline

By Todd Hicks. CREATED May 7, 2012

TOWN OF MEDINA - A spokesperson with the Dane County Sheriff's Department says a 2-year-old girl has died and a 4-year-old has been hospitalized after ingesting gasoline.  Emergency officials were called to a home in the rural town Sunday night around 6:30 p.m., following reports the kids had swallowed gasoline.  It was being stored in the backseat of a neighbors car.

Kristi Duhr, who lives next door to where it happened said she watched the children's mother perform CPR on her little girl until EMT's arrived.  The girl was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead. The boy was airlifted to UW Hospital in Madison.  His condition is unknown.

Investigators haven't released the identity of the girl or the mother.  The case remains under investigation.

 

Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks

Email Twitter
Todd Hicks joined TODAY'S TMJ4 after working at WGBA in Green Bay, where he was an anchor and reporter for the NBC affiliate.