I-794 westbound closures this weekend
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says that crews will be closing parts of I-794 westbound in order to help re-align lanes between the Marquette Interchange and Lake Interchange.
Crews will re-stripe the Marquette Interchange over the weekend.
Drivers taking the Hoan Bridge north will be able to go northbound on I-43 or southbound on I-43/94, but won't be able to go westbound onto I-94 without using a detour.
Crews will make the following closures between 11:30 p.m. Friday night and 5:30 a.m. Monday morning:
- I-794 westbound from the I-43/94 northbound/southbound split at 3rd street to the merger with I-94 westbound at 16th Street
- Two left lanes of I-794 westbound from the Jackson Street entrance ramp to the merger with I-94 westbound at 16th Street
- Jackson Street on-ramp to I-794 westbound
- 7th Street on-ramp to I-794 westbound
- 11th Street on-ramp to I-794 westbound
Drivers can take the Lincoln Memorial Drive entrance to open access to I-43 northbound and southbound.
Alternate routes to return to I-94 westbound:
- Take I-794 westbound to I-43 northbound
- Exit at Fond du Lac/McKinley Avenues
- Turn left onto Fond du Lac Avenue
- Turn left onto I-43 southbound
- Take the I-94 westbound exit to return
- From the lakefront, take Chicago Street west to Jefferson Street
- Turn right and go north on Jefferson Street to St. Paul Avenue
- Turn left, go west on St. Paul Avenue, then rejoin I-94 westbound at the 28th Street on-ramp.