Teen accused of Oconto school arson to adult court
OCONTO- A 16-year-old boy accused of starting a fire at a Wisconsin church school now will stand trial in adult court.
The Oconto County sheriff's department says the boy was booked into the jail's adult section on Friday.
Earlier the boy was charged in juvenile court with starting the fire last month at St. Anthony School in Oconto Falls. He has an initial appearance in adult court scheduled for Monday afternoon.
WLUK-TV reports no adult charges have been filed, but those are expected Monday.
The fire caused about $2 million in damage.
The boy is being held on a $100,000 cash bond. Investigators previously said the teen acknowledged starting the fire, but claimed he didn't mean for it to get out of control.