RECIPE #4437 - SOUTHWESTERN SOUP, Wednesday, February 17, 2010
CREATED Feb 17, 2010
HOLLY CLEGG / COOKBOOK AUTHOR
Makes 10 (1-cup) servings
Less than $1 per serving
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) can Great Value diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Great Value no sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed peeled, sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Great Value chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Great Value ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Great Value minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen Great Value corn
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can Great Value black beans, rinsed and drained
- In large nonstick pot, cook meat over medium heat until meat is done, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except black beans and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn; continue cooking, covered, 10 minutes.