RECIPE # 4270 CHICKEN FLORENTINE SOUP February 16, 2009
Sean Begin / Daily Dish / Chicken Florentine Soup
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
½ cup diced onions
½ cup diced carrots
½ cup diced celery
2 cloves garlic (minced)
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 lemon (juice only)
1 cup cooked rice
2 cups roasted or grilled chicken (bite size pieces)
2 cups fresh spinach
2 oz. fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1) Heat oil in soup pot
- 2) Sautee' onions, carrots, celery and garlic until onions are translucent.
- 3) Add chicken broth and tomatoes and lemon juice.
- 4) Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5) Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6) Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7) OPTIONAL: Garnish with grilled croistini topped with pesto