RECIPE # 5156 ASPARAGUS w/LEMON & HAZELNUTS
CREATED Apr 7, 2014
JIM HAGY / CHEF'S MARKET CATERING & RESTAURANT
1 bunch asparagus, washed and bottoms trimmed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
zest of one lemon
fresh lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
1. Bring a sauce pan of with 2 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Trim the bottom of one bunch of asparagus
3. Spread chopped nuts evenly in shallow pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 7 minutes
or until golden brown. Stir frequently, and do not leave unchecked.
4. Drop the asparagus in the boiling water; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the water, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Arrange on a serving tray, garnish with chopped hazelnuts, lemon zest and lemon.
7. Serve immediately
( Serves 4 )