RECIPE # 4943 WARM PROTEIN SALAD Tue. Jan. 8, 2012
EXECUTIVE CHEF MATT LACKEY / FLYTE
2 lbs white Kennebec potatoes
4oz goat cheese
6 cups baby braising greens (collards, mizuna, beet greens, tat soi and/or kale)
½ cup olive oil
one lemon, juiced
salt & pepper
digital kitchen timer
ice bath (bowl of water with ice)
1. Bring a pot with 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil. Set kitchen timer for 5 min 16 sec. After water begins to boil, add 6 eggs to the water and begin the timer. When the timer goes off, pull the eggs from the water and allow to set for 2 min. Pull and clean the eggs.
2. Quarter the potatoes and rinse. Bring a large sauté pan to medium heat, add butter and allow to foam, then add potatoes and salt to taste. Toss for one minute, transfer to sheet tray and put in oven at 325 degrees. Cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown and soft in the center.
3. Mix goat cheese and milk in a bowl until well incorporated and easy to smear. If you're a fan of pepper, add a small amount to the mixture.
4. Mix the baby greens in a bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. If it's not acidic enough, add more lemon juice.
5. Put roasted potatoes in a nice bowl. Put a few dollops of the goat cheese on the potatoes. Put some of the mixed greens down, then halve the eggs and place them over the top of the greens. Layer more greens the goat cheese. Crack a small amount of pepper over the top. Serves Six.
6. Enjoy a nice local warm winter salad with your family or friends.
Delvin Farms- Potatoes and baby greens
Noble Springs- goat cheese and goat milk
Schorck family farms- farm eggs and butter
Greenwood gardens- thyme
Find all of these local providers at the Nashville farmers markets on Saturday before noon to help our local community thrive and feed your loved ones health nutritious foods!