RECIPE # 4639 - NONNA'S BLT SUMMER SALAD - Monday, May 16, 2011
DANNY MAGGIPINTO / CAFFE NONNA
1/2c. Pancetta Bits (crispy diced Italian bacon)
1 Red Bell Pepper (grilled/cut into strips)
1/2c. English Cucumber (sliced thin half-moon shape)
4-5 Tomatoes (Heirloom if possible)(wedge cut)(add juices to dressing)
1/4c. Red Onion (sliced thin)
1/4c. Calamata Olives (pitted)
2 average handfuls of baby lettuce (your choice)
1/2c. Israeli Cous Cous
1/4c. Pistachios (toasted)
Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
Grilled Italian Bread for sopping up the juices
1/3c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3c. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Garlic (Minced)
pinch of crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp. Oregano (Fresh)
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
Prep all of the ingredients and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, add the first nine ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing around the sides of the bowl and lightly toss to coat.
- Season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Plate equal portions on four - six dinner plates.
- Garnish with parmesan shavings.
Serves 4 - 6