RECIPE # 4468 - SALMON CAESAR SALAD, Wednesday, April 28, 2010
TONY NOBLE / TEXAS ROADHOUSE
Make this recipe in three steps:
Prepare the Caesar dressing, homemade croutons and salmon filets.
Fresh salmon filets
Seasoning: cayenne, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Shake an even layer of the seasoning mix on salmon to taste
- Heat clarified butter in a skillet until it is smoky hot
- Gently place the coated filets into the pan (use tongs and don't splash the butter).
- Cook the filets evenly on both sides until it yields to gentle pressure.
Cooking Tip… The butter and seasonings create a crust due to the high temp, and lock in the juices.
CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
2 minced cloves garlic
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 egg yolk
1 c. olive oil
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
3-4 anchovy filets (optional)
10 slices French bread
1/2 c. olive oil
Heat oven to 300 degrees.
Trim crusts from bread and cut slices into 1/2 inch cubes.
Toss cubes in olive oil.
Spread cubes onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 300 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until dry, crisp and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Remove from oven and toss with the following for flavored croutons.
Herb croutons: oregano, cheese and a little salt
Garlic croutons: 2 cloves crushed garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 4 cups.
SALMON CAESAR SALAD
Pour dressing over freshly washed Romaine lettuce
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and toss
- Top with croutons and salmon