RECIPE # 5142 TN TROUT ALMONDINE Fri. March 7, 2014
CREATED Mar 7, 2014
RANDY RAYBURN / SUNSET GRILL - MIDTOWN CAFE - CABANA
Four 10-ounce boned whole rainbow trout
8 ounces baby green beans, stem ends removed
Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
10 tablespoons (5 ounces) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sliced blanched (skinned) almonds, lightly toasted
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
capers for garnish - optional
1. Heat a skillet with a little canola oil.
2. Sprinkle the trout with salt & black pepper.
3. Pan seared the trout until get golden color.
4. Discard the oil from the skillet.
5. Add the butter and let it brown.
6. Add lemon Juice and almonds.
7. Place the trout in a plate, poor the butter on top.
8 Add the green beans and the almonds, capers optional
Yield: Makes 4 servings
The third annual Tennessee Flavors event is Thursday, March 13 from 5:30-8:30 pm in the Nashville State Community College student services center on the White Bridge Road campus. More than 70 area restaurants and caterers, plus many food and drink vendors will provide samples. Proceeds from the event benefit the Randy Rayburn School of Culinary Arts as well as the Nashville State Foundation. Tickets are available at www.tnflavors.org