RECIPE #4562 - BAYOU SHRIMP PASTA, Thursday, November 18, 2010
CREATED Nov 18, 2010
CHEF PHIL KLINKENBERG / JIMMY BUFFETT'S MARGARITAVILLE
- 1 oz. vegetable oil
- 2 oz. andouille – ground
- 5 each 16/20 shrimp
- 2 tbsp mixed red and green peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp red onions – diced
- 1 pinch seasoning salt
- 2 oz. white wine
- 4 oz. Cajun Cream Sauce
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Add the andouille sausage, peppers, and onions to sauté pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and seasoning salt to the sauté pan.
- Sauté 2 minutes then turn shrimp and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce 2 minutes.
- Heat a portion of penne pasta in hot water for 30 seconds. Drain thoroughly.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat with the Cajun Cream sauce. Allow pasta to absorb sauce on stove.
- Pour the pasta in the bowl, mounding in the center.
- Using tongs, pull the shrimp to the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the green onions over center of dish.
Cajun Cream Sauce
1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 tsp Basil, julienne
- 1 tsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- Pinch Thyme, dry
- 3 drops Hot Sauce
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Red Onions, diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic, chopped
- Pinch Blackening Seasoning
- Place wine, basil, cilantro, garlic and onions in a rondo and reduce by half.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT HEAVY CREAM, bring to a simmer.
- Add heavy cream slowly and bring back to a simmer. Reduce until just thickened.
- Make the above pasta using this sauce.
Fried Chicken, Cheese and Nut Salad
- 6 oz. fried and sliced chicken tenders
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 tbsp diced cucumber
- 4 ea. Black olives
- 4 each quatered campari tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sugared pecans
- 3 oz. BBQ Ranch dressing (equal parts bbq sauce and ranch dressing)
- Place olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, carrots and pecans into a bowl with the salad greens.
- Add 3 oz. of BBQ Ranch dressing and toss until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place the salad into a serving bowl and top with sliced fried chicken tenders.