RECIPE #4526 - NONNA'S KID'S PIZZA, Wednesday, September 8, 2010
CREATED Sep 9, 2010
DANNY MAGGIPINTO / CAFFE NONNA
Preheat oven / pizza stone to 475 degrees
Flour / Cornmeal for sprinkling
1 Store bought Pizza Dough (organic if possible)(Can sub Pita or Naan Bread)
1 jar of Nonna's Gourmet Foods Marinara Sauce (can use Spicy Marinara if they like spicy)
1/2 c. Your Child's favorite Vegetable (chopped up small)
1/2c. Your Child's favorite Cheese (preferably Organic/Low fat if possible)
6 slices of Tomato (optional)
1. Sprinkle a cookie sheet with some flour and cornmeal. Place the pizza dough on top of the cookie sheet. Lightly roll out to desired diameter. DO NOT over roll or roll dough to thin it might tear a hole in it.
2. Pour out about 2-4 oz. of sauce onto the pizza. With a spoon in a clockwise circle starting from the center out, swirl the sauce to cover. Leave about 1/2 - 3/4" of dough without sauce. This will create the crust.
3. Sprinkle the vegetable toppings around the pizza, then the cheese (this way covers up the veg). Top with the slices of tomato.
4. Place in the oven on the cookie sheet and let bake for about 4-5 minutes. At this time you should be able to slide the pizza off onto the pizza stone without tearing it and finish the cooking process for approximately 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
5. Take pizza out of the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before cutting. EnjoyNOTE:
This is a treat that my Nonna made for us as a snack or a meal for after school or anytime we were hungry.
If you want them to interact, get some fresh dough and make a pizza party out of it. They will love it.