RECIPE # 4455 BUFFALO CHICKEN CHIMICHANGAS Thursday March 25, 2010
SAMI CONE / FRUGAL MOM www.samicone.com
Buffalo Chicken Chimichangas (courtesy: Publix Apron's Simple Meals)
1 (10-ounce) package cooked southwestern chicken strips
1 cup refried beans with chiles
1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1/4 cup canola oil
1. Tear chicken into bite-size pieces while placing in microwave-safe bowl. Stir in beans and wing sauce. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until heated.
2. Place tortillas on microwave-safe plate (may be paper). Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm and softened. Mound 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons lettuce in center of each tortilla. Stir chicken mixture, to blend sauce, and then divide evenly over top of cheese and lettuce.
3. Form tortilla into desired shape by folding right and left sides of tortilla, over mixture, just until edges meet (do not overlap). Starting with bottom edge, fold tortilla into thirds; once over mixture and then fold once more. Tortilla will be about 1-inch thick and 5-inches long.
4. Place oil in large sauté pan and preheat on medium-high 5–6 minutes. IMPORTANT NOTE: Stovetops may vary widely; oil should not reach smoke point, but should sizzle when tortilla is added. Do not leave unattended.
5. Place 2 chimichangas in pan, seam side down; cook 1–2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat. Serve with desired toppings.