RECIPE # 4490 - MONTEGO BAY BANANA SPLIT, Wednesday, June 30, 2010
CREATED Jun 30, 2010
CHEF RODNEY AMOS / BIG RIVER GRILLE
Bananas 1 ea
Pound cake 2- 4 inch slices
Vanilla ice cream 3 -1/2 cups
Hershey's Syrup 2 tablespoons
Caramel Sauce 2 tablespoons
strawberry Sauce 2 tablespoons
Whipped Cream 1 cup
Walnuts 2 tablespoons ( toasted )
Coconut 2 tablespoons ( toasted )
Chocolate Chips 2 tablespoons
1.Cut banana in half length wise and cook on the grill for 2 minutes to the banana and form grill marks.
2. Remove the banana from grill and remove skin place in the bottom of a bowl opposite from each other.
3. Place the slices of pound cake in the center of the bowl leaning against the banana.
4. Place three scoops of the ice cream on top of the pound cake.
5. ladle the chocolate syrup over the first scoop of ice cream.
6. ladle the strawberry sauce over the scoop of ice cream in middle
7. ladle the caramel sauce over the third scoop of ice cream.
8. Pipe whipped cream in 2 lines along the banana and over the ice cream.
9. Sprinkle the coconut , nuts and chocolate chips over the whole dessert.
RECIPE FOR CREAM
Heavy Cream 1 qt
Granulated Sugar 1 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
1. Pour the cream and sugar into a large bowl
2. Whisk the cream mixture using a fine wire whisk until soft peak stage
3. Add the vanilla extract and place into pastry bag with a star tip