RECIPE # 4326 - NEW ORLEANS PRALINES, Friday, June 19, 2009
CREATED Jun 19, 2009
RENE LARRIVIERE / LARRIVIERE'S RESTAURANT
6 cups brown sugar
12 oz. evaporated milk
3/4 lb butter
4 cups pecans
1-1/2 Tbl vanilla
- 1. Heat evaporated milk in a heavy gauge stock pot.
- 2. Add brown sugar to the milk and whisk until smooth.
- 3. Continue whisking until you reach soft ball, 240 degrees. Use a candy thermometer to determine temperature.
- 4. Then add butter, whisk until smooth and then add pecans.
- 5. Continue stirring with rubber spatula until you reach soft ball, 240 degrees. Use a candy thermometer to determine temperature.
- 6. Add vanilla and remove from heat.
- 7. Let cool for ten minutes, this will allow the praline to start to harden enough to scoop and form candy.
- 8. Using an ice cream scoop, portion praline from pan and place on greased aluminum foil or wax paper. Let stand until fully cooled and serve.