RECIPE # 4253 - SUGAR-FREE CHEESECAKE & VOLCANO CAKE - Wednesday, January 14, 2009
RACHEL DIX / GIRL SCOUTS OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE
24 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 T vanilla
freshly squeezed juice from half of a lemon
1 1/3 c Splenda or other artificial sweetener
1/4 c sour cream
10 sugar-free chocolate chip cookies
1 c biscuit mix
1 egg white
1 1/2 T warm water
1 T vanilla
3 T butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a blender or food processor to finely chop cookies. Add the biscuit mix and stir well. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the egg white, warm water and vanilla. Mix in the butter.
4. Fold the egg white mix into the dry cookie mix until dough is formed. Spread the dough to the edges of a springform pan. The crust will be about 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes until slight touches of light brown on edges. Set aside to cool.
5. Turn up the oven to 400 degrees. Put cream cheese in mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until fluffy. Add other ingredients, scraping the bowl and beaters each time. When all ingredients are combined, scrape one more time, beat one more minute, and pour mixture into pan over crust.
6. Put the cheesecake on a sheet pan in case of spillage. After putting the cheesecake in the oven at 400 F, turn the oven down to 200 F. Bake for 90 minutes, checking often after an hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 155 F, remove from oven. Let cool in springform pan in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
SUGAR-FREE VOLCANO CAKE
half box of Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Girl Scout cookies, crushed
1 box of sugar-free or reduced-sugar chocolate cake mix (PLUS the other ingredients called for on the cake mix box)
15.5 ounce jar of sugar-free strawberry preserves
16 ounces of sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
sliced fresh strawberries
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. In addition, mix in the crushed cookies.
2. Bake in a greased Bundt pan until center is done.
3. Cool completely and invert cake onto serving platter.
4. In a small sauce pan, heat the preserves on low until they are the consistency of syrup.
5. Drizzle the preserves over the cake
6. Fold the sliced strawberries into the whipped topping and spread over the top of the cake.