RECIPE # 4271- BROCCOLI CHEDDAR TARTS, Tuesday, February 17, 2009
CHEF JON ASHTON / CABOT CHEESE
Makes about 20 hors d'oeuvres
1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
4 ounces cream cheese, cold from refrigerator
4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp, Extra Sharp or Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
2 green onions, sliced
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) package prepared pie crusts (2 crusts)
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place frozen broccoli in medium microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave until hot and tender, about 9 minutes (do not add any water).
- Uncover and add cream cheese; stir until cheese is softened and completely blended with broccoli. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add cheddar, green onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir until combined.
- Unroll one pie crust and place on large ungreased baking sheet. Place broccoli mixture in center, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Moisten bare edge of crust with water. Top with second crust and press edges together with tines of fork to seal. Prick design in top crust, or make cut-outs with small cutter.
- Bake tart for 12 to 18 minutes or until nicely browned on top and underside. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into about 20 wedges. Serve warm.
Lobster Salad on Endive
Makes about 24 hors d'oeuvres
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
8 ounces fresh cooked lobster, crabmeat or shrimp, finely diced
4 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, finely grated (about 1 cup)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
24 leaves Belgian endive (about 2 heads)
Smoked paprika for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add lobster, crabmeat or shrimp and cheese; toss together and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon salad in each endive leaf. Sprinkle with smoked paprika if using and arrange on platter.