RECIPE # 4223 - HOLIDAY CRAB CAKE APPETIZERS - Thursday, November 6, 2008
Doug Dicke / Larriviere's Restaurant
4 oz butter
1/4 c yellow onions
2 T green peppers
3 T dry mustard
1 T paprika
1/2 T cayenne pepper
2 c half and half
1 c flour
2 lbs crabmeat
2 lbs shrimp
1 qt bread crumbs
1/4 c parsley
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 c shrimp stock
- 1. Sauté onions, peppers, dry mustard, paprika, and cayenne pepper together in butter.
- 2. Add cream mixture, flour, and then pull off mixture and let cool down.
- 3. Cook off shrimp in Seasoned Water and pull off and let cool. Save the shrimp stock for later.
- 4. Add crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce to mixture.
- 5. After shrimp cools, diced as small as possible and add to mixture.
- 6. Lastly, add shrimp stock for wetness to bring the whole recipe together.
- 7. Portion into 3 oz cakes
- 8. Grill with butter on griddle and serve.