MOROCCAN SPICED SEARED SCALLOPS
Whitfield's Restaurant / David Maxwell
12 U-10 Scallops
1/4 c Moroccan Spice Rub
1. Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
2. Sprinkle a little spice rub over both sides of scallops.
3. Place scallops in pan and reduce heat to prevent burning.
4. Saute on one side for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn scallops and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
MOROCCAN SPICE RUB
1/4 c Kosher salt
2 T black pepper
2 T cinnamon
2 T ground coriander
1 T cumin
1 t cardamom or ginger
2 small shallots, diced
2 lb zucchini, small dice (1/4-inch)
16 oz. plum tomatoes, halved
2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled, small dice
2 T olive oil
2 T Moroccan Spice Rub
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Toss all vegetables in large bowl combining olive oil and Moroccan spice rub.
3. Roast on large sheet pan for 30-45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
2 t olive oil
1 small shallot, small dice
1 c uncooked couscous
1-1/4 c water
1 T Moroccan Spice Rub
1. In a saucepan sauté shallots in olive oil until golden brown.
2. Add water, salt, and pepper and bring to boil.
3. Add couscous, stir quickly.
4. Remove from heat and cover.
5. Let stand for a few minutes and fluff with fork before serving.
Serve scallops with couscous, roasted vegetables & roasted red pepper Harrisa Sauce.