The 52-year-old country singer made the announcement Thursday at a press conference at Marathon Music Works in Nashville.
Brooks said his new record would be a double album and likely available some time around Black Friday. He said one song on the album may replace "The Dance" as his favorite Garth Brooks' song.
Garth said he's ready to get the second chapter of his career started.
"We got a second half, staring us down the face. Whether it works, or not, we don't know. But we got the chance, and that's why this look here, because I can't begin to tell you the possibilities that are out there. I just hope that they happen," he said.
He also commented about the talent and changes in style in the country music over the years.
"You know Bro-country or Hick Hop? My music isn't either one of those," said Brooks. "Whether it's Bro-country or Hick Hop or something else, our job is to fly the flag of country music."
Brooks also said he will make his songs available digitally on his own website. One of music's top-selling artists, Brooks remains one of the last holdouts to refuse to put his music on iTunes.
He said in the past that he had no animosity toward Apple, but disagreed with its approach to selling music.
Others were like Brooks and refused to join iTunes until reaching deals, including AC/DC, the Beatles, Radiohead and Led Zeppelin. ITunes was launched in 2001.It had been speculated Brooks would also announce dates for a comeback tour - something that he has been hinting at for more than a year. He said Thursday more information would become available some time after July 14.
In December, Brooks said that he would go on tour in 2014. Brooks retired from touring in 2001 to spend time with children. As of May, they have all finished high school.
On Tuesday, the country music star had to call off five Irish concerts after a battle between venue owners and local residents that became a national furor.
More than 400,000 tickets had been sold for the gigs, due to start at Croke Park stadium on July 25.
The stint had been billed as a "Comeback Special" for the 52-year-old superstar after more than a decade of semi-retirement.
Brooks was originally scheduled to play two shows, and when the number of performances was increased to cope with demand, some nearby residents complained.
Dublin City Council last week refused to grant permission for five shows, saying they would cause "an unacceptable level of disruption" for residents and businesses.
The dispute grew increasingly bitter, sparking a legal bid by some residents to have the shows canceled, and a rival petition calling for them all to go ahead.
Brooks released a statement last week saying he would play five shows or none.
"To choose which shows to do and which shows not to do, would be like asking to choose one child over another," he said.
Promoter Peter Aiken said Tuesday that attempts to reach agreement among the feuding parties had failed and "no concerts will take place."
Ticket-seller Ticketmaster said it would be offering refunds.
Brooks is one of the best-selling musicians in U.S. history, with more than 128 million albums sold, and helped make country music an international phenomenon.
(The Associated Press Contributed To This Report.)