Loading...

Weather Alerts 3 View »

2 Injured After Nashville Home Catches Fire

2 Injured After Nashville Home Catches Fire

CREATED Jul 2, 2014

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Two people suffered injuries after a fire broke out inside a home in Nashville.

Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said the incident was reported just before 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, at a residence in the 4200 block of Eatons Creek Road.

When they arrived on the scene, crews said the blaze was heavily involved. Two people were able to make it out of the home before firefighters arrived on the scene.

"I heard someone saying 'help, help, help,'" said Elgin Smith who lives next door. "I saw the fire blazing. We ran over there and a lady was on the ground. We picked her up and brought her back to our house. The smoke was strong. We were choking going over to the house."

Two victims were transported to an area hospital as a result of injuries sustained during the incident. One was treated for burns and the other for chest pain. Their condition was not known.

Fire officials said the home’s carport and attic space suffered extensive damage as a result of the blaze. Because of the extreme heat outside, two engines were dispatched to the scene. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.

The state Fire Marshal has been called in to investigate. The home was said to be a total loss.

Officials with the American Red Cross have been called in to assist the homeowners.