Loading...

Fire Breaks Out Inside Murfreesboro Restaurant

Fire Breaks Out Inside Murfreesboro Restaurant

CREATED Jun 28, 2014

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Fire broke out inside a Murfreesboro restaurant early Saturday morning.

Officials with the Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department said the incident was reported at the Pad Thai restaurant located at 2568 South Church Street in Murfreesboro.

When they arrived on the scene, crews said they discovered heavy smoke and made entry into the building and located the fire at the front of the building near the cash register.

"Once we made entry, it only took about 2 minutes to knock the fire down," said Acting Shift Commander Tony Lehew.

The cause of the fire was not immediately known. The Fire Marshal's Office was called to the scene to investigate.

The restaurant will be closed until further notice. The incident remains under investigation.