Thursday, November 27, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
- eBenefits for Veterans
- How would you like a buy-one, get-one-free ticket offer on the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, starring The Rockettes? To get the deal, you must buy your tickets by November 30 and use the code RCCSPC at http://bit.ly/10g0SEP.
- Advice and guidance from Regions bank.
- The new MDVIP healthcare program shifts the doctors' focus to proactive preventative care. Take a look at their site to detemine if it's right for you: mdvip.com/
- Click here if you would like to donate to the Metro Police Christmas Basket Program.
- A petition has been created on Change.org to preserve the Colonial Bakery magnolia tree. Details: http://on.nc5.co/1uMcn1J
Thursday, November 20, 2014
- Click here for more information on the Nashville International Auto Show.
- To donate clothing to YWCA boutique "2616," call 615-269-9922 or visit http://ywcanashville.com/
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- For more info about the Nashville Christmas Parade, go to www.nashvillechristmasparade.com.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- Officials at Mammoth Cave National Park are considering a proposal to increase fees for camping and cave tours. The park is accepting comments on the proposal through Dec. 5 on its website at parkplanning.nps.gov/MACA.
- For more information on how to fill out an application with the Metro Action Commission for assistance during the cold weather months, visit their website.
Monday, November 17, 2014
- Mayor Karl Dean helped celebrate a new traffic roundabout and streetscape project in Sylvan Park with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The centerpiece of the project is a single-lane, landscaped urban roundabout that improves traffic flow at the intersection of 46th Avenue North and Murphy Road. For tips on driving the new roundabout, including how to enter and exit, go to on.nc5.co/14AslDL.
- Parents can review & provide input on all of the state’s Common Core standards at apps.tn.gov/tcas/.
Friday, November 14, 2014
- Find out how you can help the effort to rebuild an old historic mill that used to be on the property at Henry Horton State Park.
Thursday, November 13, 2014
- A warming shelter has been opened in Clarksville between now November 18. Supplies and volunteers are still needed. For more information, visit Manna Cafe Ministries's website.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- United Way Needs Volunteers to Put Dollars Back in Pockets. VITA volunteers can save taxpayers $200-$300 in tax prep fees. For more information and to sign up to volunteer, visit www.VolunteerForVITA.org.
- For more safety tips on fire prevention during the winter months, click here.
- A Country Christmas runs from November 14, 2014 until January 3, 2015. Tickets and information are available on Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center's website.
- To find out how you can help the Animal Rescue Corps, visit their facebook page.
Monday, November 10, 2014
- Austin Peay State University is planning to auction off several camouflage football jerseys to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The auction will be conducted online at www.letsgopeay.com, with the auction beginning as early as Tuesday, Veterans Day.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
- Veterans Day Freebies
- Students in Alabama are fundraising so they can build Tiny Homes For Homeless Of Huntsville.
Saturday, November 8, 2014
- A GoFundMe site has been set up for the family of Maury County Deputy Darrell Perritt who tragically died Tuesday in a car crash. Click here for details.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Beretta USA will conduct an Information Fair on Friday, November 7, 2014 at Volunteer State Community College located at 1480 Nashville Pike in Gallatin. To register for this free event, visit www.workforceessentials.com/event/.
- Institute for Highway Safety Booster Seat Ratings
- Nashville Toys For Tots
- Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has unveiled a website, where Tennesseans can review and comment on the state’s current K-12 academic standards.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- Vol State has launched a Computer Information Technology Degree. For more information visit www.volstate.edu/CIT
- Find out how you can help the Animal Rescue Corps by visiting their website.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
- Maury County Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Perritt died early Tuesday in a crash. A GoFundMe site has been started to support Deputy Perritt's family.
- Nashville Predators Open Applications For Vince Gill Scholarship Program
- From 60 Minutes: SEAL under fire for writing about bin Laden raid
Monday, November 3, 2014
- Krispy Kreme has announced 70 new jobs at their Clarksville locations. Get information about available positions and apply online at sweetplacetowork.com.
- It's just one day before the Nov. 2014 Elections. Make sure you're prepared by visiting GoVoteTN.com for information on your polling places, candidates, districts and elected officials.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
- The American Red Cross of Tennessee is once again launching its annual Holiday Mail for Heroes Campaign. For more information on the program, visit redcross.org/holidaymail.
- For more information on the Ryman Auditorium's ticket policy regarding outside outlets such as Ticketmaster, visit their website. Click here to read the Ryman's official statement.
- Click here to read more about the Mill Creek Flood Risk Management Study.
- To view a complete list of upcoming meetings for NashvilleNext, click here.
- Many areas in Middle Tennessee have posted their trick-or-treating events for Halloween. Click here to view some of the activities.
- The Tennessee Department of Education has posted it's annual state report card. To see a breakdown of the numbers, visit their website.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- For more information on the Watertown Drive-in, call the Box Office at (615) 237-0077. The Box Office opens at 6 p.m., with first features beginning at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $7.50 per person (ages 12 & Over) and $5 for kids (ages 6-11). Children 5 and under get in for free.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
- The city of Franklin is gearing up to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the historic Battle of Franklin. Find out more about some of the many events leading up to the date, including re-enactments and how to donate to preservation efforts.
Monday, October 27, 2014
- Tips To Keep Children Safe Online:
- The MNPS Turnaround Corps application is now open. Details, requirements and a link to the application can be found at MNPSTurnaroundCorps.com. The application deadline is Friday, December 19, 2014.
Friday, October 24, 2014
- The group Cell Phone for Soldiers will be collecting wireless phones Sunday at LP Field with the goal of selling the phones for recycling and using the money to buy the prepaid phone cards. For more information, go to www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com
- This week’s MNPD training on Ebola Virus Awareness has been posted to the front page of the police department’s website and is available to all for viewing.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Consumer Advisory: Vehicle Owners with Defective Airbags Urged to Take Immediate Action. For more information, click here.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Tennessee Department of Health Information on Ebola
- A GoFundMe has been set up to help the family of Gordon "Gordo" Schaffer, the 22-year-old Papa John's employee killed during a robbery Monday night, as they travel to Washington State to fulfill his wish of visiting the Pacific Northwest.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
- Public forum information on Robertson County Schools Rezoning Plans.
- October is Rett Syndrome Awareness month. For more information, go to https://www.rettsyndrome.org/ and www.jointeamblake.com/.
- Study finds Nashville was second in the country for college-educated, young professionals new to the area from 2000 to 2012. Read the full report.
- Luther Masingill of WDEF Radio in Chattanooga passed away this morning at 92. He was the nation's longest-tenured broadcaster, having started on WDEF Radio on December 7, 1941 - Pearl Harbor Day. Steve Hartman did a story about Masingill for CBS a couple of years ago. Click here to see the story.
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
- Better Business Bureau is warning consumers about a variety of Ebola-related scams and problematic fundraisers that have emerged recently. BBB warns donors to carefully research any charitable efforts - especially those that surface following an event that gains media attention. For additional assistance on charitable giving issues, visit the BBB Wise Giving Alliance website at give.org.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- Get information about available hourly fulfillment associate jobs at Amazon by visiting their online Career Center.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Nashville Emergency Preparedness Survey 2014
- Millions of people worldwide will practice how to Drop, Cover, and Hold On at 10:16 a.m. on October 16 during Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills. Those interested in the ShakeOut can visit www.shakeout.org/centralus and register to participate in the drill.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Early voting begins Wednesday in Tennessee: Voting schedule and locations for Davidson County.
Monday, October 13, 2014
- For more information on HIV testing, where to get treatment, support and more, visit these two sites: nashvillecares.org/ and street-works.org/
- Fan voting has begun for all categories except New Artist of the year, which starts Nov. 1. Fans can vote once per day at AMAvote.com and can also cast one vote per day on Twitter by including their chosen nominee's name, award category and #AMAs in a tweet.
Sunday, October 12, 2014
- Early voting begins Wednesday in Tennessee. If you'd like more information on how to vote in your specific county, visit the Tennessee Department of State's Elections page.
Friday, October 10, 2014
- For more information about Memphis Belle flights and tours this weekend at Smyrna Airport, go to on.nc5.co/1s34GCM.
- Anyone looking to commute to Sunday's Titans game against the Jaguars? Check out the departure/arrival times for the Game-Day Express: http://on.nc5.co/1yi66hV
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Find out how you can claim refunds from AT&T after their settlement with the FTC and FCC.
- Paychecks for Patriots
- For more information on the DASH project in Dickson visit:
www.dashtour.org. A kickstarter campaign has also been started to help fund the project.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Nashville Basket Brigade's Fundraising Fright Night
- Dove Awards
- Nashville Public Library: Wishing Chair Productions Puppet Shows
- Find where you can get your flu shot in Nashville at www.nashvilleflushots.org/.
Monday, October 6, 2014
- Rise Up For Matt Rizor Fundraiser
- Country singer Scotty McCreery turns 21 on Thursday, October 9. In lieu of gifts, he has asked for donations to the 12.14 Foundation.
Friday, October 3, 2014
- For more information on how you can register to vote in Tennessee.
- General Motors has issued a recall for more vehicles after the company detected three, different problems affecting thousands of cars, SUVs and trucks. View a complete list of the vehicles HERE.
Thursday, October 2, 2014
- Flu Shot Information: www.vaccines.gov
- A group of staffers from the Nashville library are hoping a spoof on a hit song will inspire you to open a book. Check out their YouTube video. Find out how you can get a library card: http://on.nc5.co/ZygvHZ
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- For more information on Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Program, visit the Governor's Foundation page for the Books From Birth program.
Saturday, September 27, 2014
- Women's Running Half Marathon Course Information & Road Closures
- The 9th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, September 27, 2014. Find a Collection Site near you.
Friday, September 26, 2014
- "It's Meow Time" Contest Details
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) celebrated 30 years on Friday. Learn more about how to become a volunteer, here.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Each year, the non-profit Historic Nashville lists the nine most endangered properties in the city and makes it their focus the next 12-months to promote and preserve the sites. For more information on the properties included on this year's list, visit the organization's website.
- For information about this weekend's "Liver Life Walk" at Percy Warner Park: http://on.nc5.co/1vdSLT8
Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Monroe Harding held a Foster Care Carnival to try and help educate prospective parents. For more information on how you can get involved, visit their website.
Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Americana Music Festival 2014
- Walden's Puddle is having an upcoming fundraiser and has established a "wish list" of needed items. For more information on how you can help: http://waldenspuddle.org/
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
- The Metropolitan Action Commission encourages any resident that has not received assistance from the agency with their utility payment since last October to apply before the end of this month. You can apply at www.nashville.gov/mac .
Friday, September 12, 2014
- Youth hunting applications and information from the TWRA
- More information on the Ford Ice Center in Antioch
- For more information on Guitars 4 Vets, visit their Facebook page
- For more information on Vanderbilt University's "I am Unbeatable" exhibit.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
- The Williamson County Animal Control and Adoption Center is waiving fees to adopt cats and kittens. More info: http://on.nc5.co/1xQqZS7
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- For more information on how you can help make a difference during the "Hunger Action Month" campaign.
Monday, September 8, 2014
- Domestic Violence Help in Tennessee and Kentucky
- Preparation Tips From the Department Of Homeland Security
Sunday, September 7, 2014
- For more information on the efforts to find Nikki Burgess click here.
Friday, September 5, 2014
- Get rewarded for recycling at Live on the Green with a chance to win iPad Minis, Kroger Cards and more. Get more information here: thegreatrecycle.com.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
- Gaylord Opryland Resort is now hiring 400 seasonal positions in preparation for its 31st annual A Country Christmas celebration. Applications are now being accepted at jobs.marriott.com (keyword: Opryland). Qualified applicants will be scheduled to attend hiring events in September and October.
- The City of Brentwood is conducting a 2015 Special Census. Forms will be mailed out, but can also be completed online at www.brentwood-tn.org/census.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District is enlisting the support of volunteers at its lakes on the Cumberland River and its tributaries in support of National Public Lands Day Sept. 27. To locate National Public Lands Day events near you, visit http://www.publiclandsday.org/.
- For more information, go to Tennessee State Fair
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- For more information on the 'Remembering Waylon' auction, visit. www.guernsey's.com
- A new NHTSA website helps people find out whether a certain type car has been recalled. Visit SaferCar.gov and click on the recalls tab, or NHTSA.dot.gov for information.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- For more information on how to help prevent the spread of the Ebola Virus in West Africa, visit The Raining Season's website.
Monday, September 1, 2014
- Boots to honor fallen soldiers can be mailed into the Army Community Services SOS office located at 2703 Michigan Ave., Fort Campbell, Kentucky 42223 at Fort Campbell via FedEx or UPS.
Friday, August 29, 2014
- Tennessee's strategy to prevent and treat the growing prescription drug abuse epidemic in the state.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
- For more information on how to look up possible recalls issued for your vehicle, visit the NHTSA's website and enter in your vehicle's VIN number. You can also visit myCarfax for more information.
- For more information about TN Stars 529 program and web-based seminars on saving for college, visit http://www.tnstars.com.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- Hands On Nashville Day is Saturday, September 20. Online registration opens Thursday, August 28. Sign up here: http://www.hon.org/honday
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- To help Hank Freeman, the Little League World Series Umpire who lost his home in a fire: http://on.nc5.co/1vkGI9H
- Championship Playoff Tickets Go On Sale Wednesday for the Nashville sounds: ticket information
Saturday, August 23, 2014
- For more information on the READing Paws Middle Tennessee Chapter
- Ticket information for the Music City Star Excursion train to the Wilson County Fair.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
- A complete list of 2014 Reward Schools is available here: http://www.tn.gov/education/data/accountability/schools_2014.shtml
School-level achievement data is available here: http://tn.gov/education/data/tcap_2014_school.shtml
- Donations to help Oscar the dog who was found injured in a dumpster in Clarksville can be made at a GoFundMe page called "Help Oscar."
- To donate to the Salahadeen Center of Nashville to benefit the All for Kurdistan relief drive
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Southern Living: 100 Best Restaurants in the South
- Matthew Rizor was struck by a vehicle while walking across West End Avenue early Saturday morning. For more information on how to help in his recovery, visit his gofundme site.
Monday, August 18, 2014
- TBI "It Has To Stop" Campaign
- TDH Mosquito Bite Prevention Video
- City of Franklin Detour Plan For Peytonsville Road/Goose Creek Bypass
- Nashville Restaurant Week
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Friday, August 15, 2014
- Williamson County Schools are asking all students to take the bus Monday to minimize the traffic impact after detours in the area. You can look up bus information for your student here: http://www.wcs.edu/zoning/
- Find out how you can be a part of the Women in Music City Awards. The show will be held at the Omni Hotel on September 15.
- For more information on the Williamson County Fair
- Detours for the City of Franklin or information from TDOT on how traffic will be affected by Friday's tanker truck crash.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
- Dove Awards Nominees
- For more information on the new Kenny Rogers exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- For more information on how to help Kaitlyn Smith in her continued weight loss journey: http://on.nc5.co/1sTBQG5
Monday, August 11, 2014
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Town Hall Forums:
August 19, 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Alvin C. York Campus, Auditorium, 3400 Lebanon Pike, Murfreesboro, TN
September 15, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Clarksville Public Library, 350 Pageant Lane, Clarksville, Tn
September 22, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Nashville Campus, Multi-Purpose Room, 1310 24th Ave. South, Nashville
September 24, 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Chattanooga VA Outpatient Clinic, 150 Debra Rd. Suite 5200, Bldg 6200, Chattanooga, TN
- South Nashville Little League All-Stars:
- Email your response to the Department of the Army’s recent news on Army Force restructuring at Support Ft. Campbell.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Saturday, August 9, 2014
- For more information about how to donate money or volunteer with Sumner Teen Center
- World's Longest Yard Sale
- For more information on the Academy of Country Music's Fantasy Sports League
Friday, August 8, 2014
- For the top 10 summer scams, visit the BBB's website.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
- Find Where I Vote
- For more information on how the Frist Center is helping local artists: http://on.nc5.co/1us3hpQ
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- For more information on how you can help volunteer with the Nashville Adult Literacy Council, visit their website.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
- National Night Out Against Crime event locations in East Nashville, include: the Inglewood Neighborhood event at Isaac Litton Middle School at 5:30 p.m.; the event at Baxter Heights located at 3728 Hilltop Lane at 6:30 p.m.; James A. Cayce Homes on S 8th event at 5 p.m.; Gra-Mar Middle School, located at 575 Joyce Lane at 6:30 p.m.; and the Women of Worth event on McFerrin Avenue near Seymour Avenue at 5:30 p.m.
Monday, August 4, 2014
- Donate to the MTSU One Stop Food Pantry
- American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Metro Nashville Public Schools has provided a Back to School Central page to help you and your student get ready for the upcoming school year.
- Apply to be a part-time seasonal crossing guard at MNPS: Current Openings
- Historic Nashville, Inc. is accepting nominations for endangered properties you would like them to look into. Nashville Nine Nomination Form
Saturday, August 2, 2014
- Daily admission ticket information for Nashville Shores. Enter promo: DUCK
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- The Williamson County Fair starts Friday. The Franklin Police Department has a list of alternate routes to help ease congestion.
- For more information on Morgan Mosher's gofundme page.
- Information On Computers For Tennessee's Sales Tax Holiday
- East Nashville Help Facebook Group
- Registration and general info for the National Women's Survivors Convention: http://on.nc5.co/1prnKcL
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Saturday, July 26, 2014
- For more information on the Benefit Party for Nikki Burgess.
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- The American Red Cross has issued an urgent call for donations. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
- The Titans have unveiled the new menu at LP Field for the 2014-2015 season.
- Locations to drop off school supplies: MNPS Central Office - 2601 Bransford Avenue and Martin Professional Development Center - 2400 Fairfax Ave. You can also take donated supplies to these branches of the Nashville Public Library: Bellevue, East, Edmondson Pike, Hermitage, Madison and the Main Library downtown.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
- Nashville Sounds Homestand Promotions
- TN Health Department: Polio Vaccinations Still Important
- 2014 Predators Summer Ice Education Days
Saturday, July 19, 2014
- Country Music star Craig Morgan has teamed up with fellow country music singer Tracy Lawrence to join him in concert July 20 for his 8th annual charity event, benefiting the Dickson County Craig Morgan Foundation. For ticket information: http://on.nc5.co/UgLh4J. Also visit the group's Facebook page for additional information.
- 12th & Broad is bringing giant water slides, splash pools, a slip-and-slide, water balloons and more to the the market's North Lawn for kids of all ages to enjoy. For more information, visit their website.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Verizon Plans Hiring Events To Fill 300 Positions In Mid-State
- Thursday is the 6th Annual Career Expo from NewsChannel 5, the Nashville Chamber, and Lipscomb University. Click the link for details: http://on.nc5.co/1k7yDvj
- Find the location and time for early voting in your county
- Campaign For America's Health Centers
- More Information On Early Voting
- Anyone interested in learning about the inner workings of the police department has been invited to apply for the 29th session of the popular Citizen Police Academy, which begins its 13-week run on August 19. For more information: http://on.nc5.co/1p1EcQD
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
- The city of Gallatin wants you to visit. They've launched a new ad campaign and new site you can check out before you visit: http://gallatinwelcomesyou.com/
- A donation page has been set up to help the family of a White House boy fighting for his life after being found at the bottom of the shallow end of a camp pool. You can donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/bi4b1c
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Petition: Supporting the leadership of Kevin Huffman as Tennessee's Commissioner of Education
- Get more information on Red, White, and Food's petition to put wine in grocery stores
Monday, July 7, 2014
- Metro Arts Grant Recipients
- Tickets for the special Music City Star excursion train to the Wilson County Fair are available for purchase online at www.ticketsnashville.com and www.WilsonCountyFair.net. Tickets will be on sale until 24 hours prior to departure or until they are sold out, whichever comes first.
- More than 6,000 Franklin residents have a new day for trash pickup. To find out more, go to www.franklintn.gov.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Friday, July 4, 2014
Thursday, July 4, 2014
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
- For complete information on fireworks shows in the Middle Tennessee area, including road closures in downtown Nashville.
- For more information on the proposed changes to the Antioch cluster
- Cigarette Butt Recycling: butts@nashvilleH2o.org or http://www.nashvilleh2o.org/
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
- Road closures as a result of Fourth of July Celebrations:
- Sidewalks on Commerce (2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue) - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks on 3rd Avenue (Demonbreun to Commerce Street) - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks underside of Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge from 1st Avenue to 2nd Avenue - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks underside of Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge from 2nd Avenue to 4th Avenue - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks on Gay Street Connector (1st Avenue to 1st Avenue) - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Broadway (2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue) – NO PARKING
- Broadway (3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue) – NO PARKING
- 2nd Avenue (Demonbreun to Church Street) – NO PARKING
- 3rd Avenue (Demonbreun to Commerce Street) – NO PARKING
- 4th Avenue (Demonbreun to Commerce Street) – NO PARKING
- Commerce Street (2nd Avenue to 10th Avenue) – NO PARKING
- Commerce Street (4th Avenue to 10th Avenue) - NO PARKING
- Molloy Street (1st Avenue to 4th Avenue) – NO PARKING
- For more information on the ALCU-TN
- For more information on the Graco recall
Monday, June 30, 2014
- ?Nashville Fourth Of July House Rules?
- City of Brentwood's Final Report For 2020 Update Residential Survey #1
- Get information about NewsChannel 5's 6th Annual Safe & Sound Career Expo, held at Lipscomb University on July 17th: http://on.nc5.co/1k7yDvj
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
- Look Good, Feel Better program
- Hard Bargain Association
- Find out more about classes and workshops at Nashville Community Darkroom
Thursday, June 26, 2014
- If you have a photo of a soldier who lost his or her life in Vietnam, please visit the website of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund’s Education Center, buildthecenter.org.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- For more information on Nashville Dancin'
- Free HIV testing will be provided June 26-28 at the following Tennessee Walgreens locations in partnership with local community-based organizations:
- 3605 Brainerd Road Chattanooga
- 1202 South James Campbell Blvd., #24 Columbia
- 627 Gallatin Pike, South Madison
- 1130 South Bellevue Blvd. Memphis
- 2655 Frayser Blvd. Memphis
- 1131 Mercury Blvd. Murfreesboro
- 5600 Charlotte Pike Nashville
- 2611 Franklin Pike Nashville
- 3130 Clarksville Pike Nashville
- 1081 Murfreesboro Pike Nashville
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
- To sign a petition to help save the Coffee County Public Libary, click here.
- To help with donations following Monday's fire at Walden's Puddle, go to http://waldenspuddle.org.
- Nashville MTA has proposed changes to some bus routes. To see the full presentation, visit http://www.nashvillemta.org/
Friday, June 20, 2014
- The City of Clarksville Parks & Recreation invites you to take part in the "World's Largest Swimming Lesson" at Beachaven, New Providence, Swan Lake and Smith pools at 10 a.m. Friday, June 20, 2014. Participants can register online at recpro.cityofclarksville.com or the day of the event.
- Find out how you can contribute to Stuff a Bus
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Donations of bottled water can be received at the Mission's Donation Center, located at 616 7th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203. It's open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or you can make an online donation at www.nashvillerescuemission.org/donate.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
- YouCaring: Marvin "Andrew" Morton Family Fund
- NewsChannel 5 has obtained the full memo from MNPD Police Chief Steve Anderson to the presiding judge of the General Sessions Court regarding a domestic violence defendant who was released prior to the end of a required 12-hour "cooling off" period. The victim was assaulted again after the defendant was released. Read the memo here: http://on.nc5.co/1smA56k
Monday, June 16, 2014
- Required immunizations for various age groups in Tennessee:
- Nashville Rescue Mission is need of water donations. Find out how to help: NashvilleRescueMission.org
- Proposed Constitutional Amendments for the November 4, 2014 General Election Ballot
Friday, June 13, 2014
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- America's Most Photogenic Baby Contest
- Information on new Toyota recall
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank's Summer Food for Kids program
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
- For tips on how to begin a healthier lifestyle: http://on.nc5.co/1l5Lvl9
Monday June 9, 2014
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
- Streaming video of Maya Angelou funeral: go.wfu.edu/angeloumemorial
Thursday, June 5, 2014
- The state is sending it's Career Coaches out to rural counties with high rates of unemployment. For details about the program and to see if they'll be in your area, visit http://getonthecoach.tn.gov/
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
- Learn more about Nashville MTA's Adopt-A-Stop bus stop program here: http://www.nashvillemta.org/
- To buy tickets for the Music City Star roundtrip to the Nashville 4th Of July celebration, go to http://musiccitystar.org/
Monday, June 2, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Thursday, May 29, 2014
- The Insurance Institute for Highway safety is releasing new ratings for crash avoidance systems with a full report at IIHS.org.
- The Office of Attorney General's website
- Ford has recalled 1.4 million vehicles. Find out if your specific car, truck or SUV is on the list.
- More than 10,000 historic audio records are already available through the library of congress' national jukebox project. Listen to them, here.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Friday, May 23, 2014
- For more information on the rezoning of the Hillsboro cluster in Metro Schools, go to http://on.nc5.co/1k2f3iT.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
- Co-Founder of AOL Steve Case will be in town to give away $100,000 to the best up and coming business. Register HERE.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Ivanhoe's Fighting For Young Lives series
- Check the license verification for all Tennessee doctors
- The petition to keep a cell tower out of Bluefields Neighborhood
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
- GM Recall Information: https://my.gm.com/web/portal/_
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Friday, May 16, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- For more information about Generous Helpings, which benefits Second Harvest, go to http://secondharvestmidtn.org/generoushelpings/.
- CBS visits Stratford STEM for a story on Tennessee Promise.
Monday, May 12, 2014
- La Vergne plans to hire 11 volunteer firefighters. Applications are now being accepted through Friday, May 23, 2014. Opportunity inquiries should be directed to Assistant Chief Mike Culberson at (615) 793-9115 Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. or email@example.com.
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
- Contribute to Julie's Village here.
- To apply for the Tennessee Department of Correction Citizen's Academy visit their website: www.tn.gov/correction/
- For more information about Steeplechase, go to http://iroquoissteeplechase.org/
- American Water Resources (AWR) has been selected as the official water and sewer line protection provider for customers of Metro Water Services. AWR will take responsibility for the potentially high repair costs on service lines for MWS customers who enroll in these programs.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
- For more information on the proposed changes for the MNPS Hillsboro cluster.
Monday, May 5, 2014
- Donate to The Big Payback
- Governor Haslam has issued a state proclamation declaring this week Goodwill Week. For a list of job fairs going on this week, go to giveit2goodwill.org/goodwillweek.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
- In honor of May 4, the Adventure Science Center is celebrating "May the Fourth be with you" with "Star Wars" Day. For a complete list of activities, visit their website.
- Did you know the Titans have a female fan club? For more information on Ladies Day at LP Field.
- If you would like to be an extra on ESPN's College GameDay visit their website.
Friday, May 2, 2014
- The Nashville Electric Service is offering a free Neighborhood Energy Savers workshop on Saturday, May 3, from 9:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. at the Looby Community Center located at 2301 Metro Center Boulevard in Nashville. NES will show how to seal air leaks, among other helpful tips. Participants will also receive a tool-kit, valued at $25. For a complete list of workshops, visit nespower.com.
- Goodwill is hosting a job fair from May 5 through May 9. For more information, visit their website.
- Williamson County is holding a hazardous waste collection event. For more information, visit their website.
- If you want to help Metro Public Works combat the problem of illegal dumping, visit their website to find out how to properly dispose of waste.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
- If you would like to be an extra on ESPN's College GameDay visit their website.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
- The Nashville Food Truck Association is kicking off "Nashville Street Food Month." For more information, visit their Facebook page.
- For more information on the line-up for the 2014 CMA Festival.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
- If you have a problem with a business, you can file a complaint at www.tn.gov/consumer or call toll-free 1-800-342-8385. Consumer Affairs has a price gouging online complaint form at http://tn.gov/consumer/PriceGougeCmplnt.shtml.
Monday, April 28, 2014
- If you are interested in the WeatherCall service, NewsChannel 5 has worked with them to offer a free trial version before you buy. Click here to sign up for the trial: http://try.weathercall.net/free-warning-call/
You can find more info on the WeatherCall service here:http://on.nc5.co/1fPL3b9
- If you believe your animal might have been one of the dogs seized in the dog fighting raid last week, provide the following information to MACC.firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Describe any distinguishing marks on the dog (i.e white patch on left front paw)
- Spay or Neutered
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- STORM 5 ALERT:Find out if your "safe place" is really safe.
- Five Big Mistakes Made During Tornado Warnings
Friday, April 25, 2014
- For more information on Buffalo Valley Inc., call 645-9038 or visit the website at http://www.buffalovalley.org.
- Saturday is National Prescription Take-Back Day. To find a nearby collection site, go to http://www.dea.gov and click on the "Got Drugs?" icon.
- Clarksville's Rivers and Spires festival
- Nashville Film Festival
- For more information on road closures, detours and the course map for the Country Music Marathon.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Monday, April 21, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Major Thoroughfare Plan meeting in Brentwood
- To see the approved list of businesses that use your MoneyPak numbers, visit Green Dot's website.
- A Belmont music major is blogging about her love of Bruce Springsteen. Check it out here.
- For more information on the Nashville Film Festival.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- Contact info for early voting for all TN counties
Rutherford County Election Results
Information on the May 6 election in Davidson County
- Get a ranking of 200 different jobs from best to worst: http://on.nc5.co/1eSeQxN
- Find a list of REAL certified restaurants in Nashville: http://on.nc5.co/1r0F5rl
What is "REAL" eating? You can find that info here: http://on.nc5.co/1iqgJ9o
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Nashville Early Voting
- Tax Day Freebies 2014
- Read about President Obama's vision for his 21st century transportation plan: http://on.nc5.co/QnYkzJ
- For more information on ICiT ("Inspiring Creative Innovative Thinkers"), visit their Facebook page: http://on.nc5.co/1m635vq
- Information on the Nashville Film Festival.
Monday, April 14, 2014
- JT Moore Middle School is in the running to win a $25,000 greenspace transformation from Bridgestone. To vote, go to on.nc5.co/RiGZsM
- For more information on job opportunities with AT&T, visit their website.
- Donations are being accepted to help Clifton Braunwalder's family pay his funeral costs. For more information, visit gofundme.com.
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- The CBS reality show, "Big Brother" is holding an open casting call in Nashville. For more information on rules and specific dates, visit the show's website.
- For more information on the "Stewart of Children Program," visit the Nashville Children's Alliance website.
Friday, April 11, 2014
- Roadside Help Numbers:
Tennessee Highway Patrol call *THP or *847
Metro Police Non-Emergency Line 615-862-8600
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- For more information on Nashville Earth Day.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- The CBS reality show, "Big Brother" is holding an open casting call in Nashville. For more information on rules and specific dates, visit the show's website.
Monday, April 7, 2014
- Learn more about the TDH Safe Sleep campaign at safesleep.tn.gov.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
- For more information on the Beer and Hymns Singing Nashville group, visit their Facebook page.
Friday, April 4, 2014
- Evenflo is recalling more than 1.3 million child safety seat buckles. For more information, visit the Evenflo website.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
- Online registration for the Mayor's Field Day is at www.mayorsfieldday.com. Advance registration is strongly encouraged but not required.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- Visit the Tennessee Code Academy's website athttp://tncodeacademy.com/ for more information on IT Camp.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- NCAA Women's Final Four Event Schedule
- Red Tent Women's Conference
- Visit Aspen's website at www.aspen-tech.net for more on job opportunities
- The National Privacy Education Curriculum
- The Humane Society needs help to rescue over 50 dogs and cats. The animals were part of a rescue service operated by a senior couple. The couple is no longer able to operate the service. For information on how you can help, visit: http://on.nc5.co/PfND1V.
Monday, March 31, 2014
- For more information on job opportunities at Bellis Concrete Construction Company, visit their website.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Enrollment Guide for Metro Nashville Public School Students.
- United Healthcare will host a job fair Monday, March 31 and Tuesday, April 1 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. in Brentwood.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
- View the complete list of upcoming detours for the Nashville MTA.
Friday, March 28, 2014
- For more information on New Speed Reading Technology.
- For those of you still needing to sign up for health insurance, visit Get Covered Tennessee's full event calendar to find a location near you.
Monday, March 24, 2014
- Beginning Friday, you can apply for jobs with United State Postal Service on www.usps.com.
- Nashville Sounds tickets on sale.
- Get information about the Tin Pan South music festival on NewsChannel5.com.
Friday, March 21, 2014
- Take the family to learn how to make your own Hatch Show prints
- To view the Rose Banks zoning area survey: http://on.nc5.co/1laWkb6
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
- Message to Metro Schools families about ACT test makeup days
- Williamson County Schools Director issues statement about Common Core, textbook selection, and other legislative issues relating to local schools
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Friday, March 14, 2014
- Dole is voluntarily recalling a limited number of cases of bagged salad. For more information, visit its website.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
- Clarksville-based Workforce Essentials Inc will announce all of Hankook Tire's open positions online at www.Jobs4TN.gov.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- A volunteer team of planning experts worked with Franklin, Tennessee residents, business leaders and officials to make overall recommendations, including:
- Prohibiting redevelopment or development, including new residential development, in select floodplains;
- Allowing limited low-scale or non-residential development in the identified subareas;
- Revising city regulations and policies to increase the number of permitted non-residential uses and to eliminate non-compatible uses;
- Requiring pervious pavement for all redevelopment and new construction projects;
- Retaining city ordinances requiring elevation of non-residential structures;
- Requiring the elevation of rebuilt residential structures;
- Encouraging efforts to modify existing buildings to mitigate flood damage;
- Encouraging open space, and recreation uses in areas where development is not recommended;
- Reinforcing an urban design framework;
- Protecting historic buildings from future flooding and associated damage; and
- Developing a comprehensive urban design strategy to position 5th Avenue as a gateway.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
- For more information on the Wild West Comedy Festival, visit its website. Tickets and VIP packages are now available.
- For more information on the Nashville Cricket Club.
Wednesday, March 7, 2014
- Need tax help? Try the United Way's free service
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- The tradition of the Bluebird Cafe comes to Murfreesboro to raise money for charity. For more information, visit alivehospice.org.
Monday, March 3, 2014
- Tin Pan South passes are on sale. To purchase, go to http://members.nashvillesongwriters.com/mod/ecs/index.php.
- MTA Snow Route Bus Detours
- For information on flight status or delays, visit the Nashville International Airport's website at flynashville.com
Friday, February 28, 2014
- For more information on "Mardi Gras Ya'll."
Thursday, February 27, 2014
- To participate, nonprofits must complete The Big Payback Nonprofit Participation Agreement and have a complete and up-to-date profile on The Community Foundation's http://www.givingmatters.com.
- The Johnny Cash birthday bash kicks off a three-day celebration in Nashville from February 28-March 2. For more information visit the Johnny Cash Museum's website or johnnycash.com.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
- Watch raw video of police chase suspects in a Franklin home invasionhere.
Monday, February 24, 2014
- To join Tennessee Saves Week and America Saves and start saving for your future, visit www.tennesseesaves.org or www.americasavesweek.org.
- Vote for either TSU or Fisk University in the Home Depot "Retool Your School" competition.
- Art is an "unconventional" aspect of the new Music City Center. For more information, visit their website.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
- Pictures from the Nashville Public Library's Lego Competition.
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
- Live webcast for Bonnaroo announcement at 6 p.m.
- For more information about severe weather safety, go to weather.gov/nashville.
Saturday, February 15, 2014
- The Nashville Predators transform Bridgestone Arena into Winter Wonderland for the Olympic break: http://on.nc5.co/1bAial4
Friday, February 14, 2014
- For information on flight status or delays, visit the Nashville International Airport's website at flynashville.com
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- Donations for the Flake Family
Monetary donations can me made on the Give Forward Fundraising Page
Donations can be dropped off at:
400 Highway 149
- Toyota Recall Information
- Click here for a list of Black History Month events happening at the Nashville Public Library.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Click here for a list of the best picks for "The South's Best Destination Apps and Mobile Sites."
- Graco is recalling nearly 3.8 million child car seats. For a complete list of the recalls, visit their website.
Monday, February 10, 2014
- Help the Red Cross overcome a cold weather shortage in the blood supply
Thursday, February 6, 2014
- Warning of international area code phone scam
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
- For information on flight status or delays, visit the Nashville International Airport's website at flynashville.com
Tuesday, February 4, 2013
- Details on data breach at hotels owned by White Point Lodging
- Volunteers are needed for Clarksville warming shelters. For more information, click here.
Monday, February 3, 2014
- For more information on the water lin project in La Vergne, go to lavergnetn.gov.
Friday, January 31, 2014
- For information about Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) free tax prep sites, go to www.unitedwaynashville.org or call 211 for information.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
- Ronald McDonald House Donationshttp://www.rmhcnashville.com/
- Fact Sheet - Sulphur Dell Ballpark Proposal
Saturday, January 25, 2014
- To sign-up to volunteer at a heating shelter with Manna Cafe Ministries in Clarksville, visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0949A5AC2FA0F58-volunteers.
- The organization Boot Camp For New Dads is coming to Nashville. For more information on the event, visit their website. Click here for the online registration form.
Friday, January 24, 2014
- Anyone who would like to help with a community baby shower today can contact the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties. Information is available on their website at uwrutherford.org/.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
- Information about emergency shelters can be found at http://opentablenashville.org/.
Monday, January 20, 2014
- Sign up to volunteer for Clarksville homeless warming shelters: go here for men, and here for women and families
- Information about the Nashville Boat Show.
- Belmont University is celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with two weeks of special events. For a complete schedule, visit their website.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
- Details on this year's Restaurant Week: http://on.nc5.co/1miQOix
Friday, January17, 2014
- Nashville Christian School Open House
- IRS free filing software available to taxpayers: http://www.irs.gov/freefile .
Thursday, January 16, 2014
- The Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer program is headed to Metro Nashville Schools. For more information on the program, visit the MNPS website.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- To apply for jobs at Total Quality Logistics, go to www.TQLJobs.com
- Enter to win a $15,000 recording package at Dark House Recording Studios in Franklin.
Monday, January 13, 2014
- For tickets to see the Blue Angels in the Great Tennessee Air Show go to: www.greattennesseeairshow.com
- See Scott Pelley's 60 Minutes interview with Anthony Bosch about the A-rod PED scandal.
- A new round of public hearings has been scheduled for the final design and engineering of MTA's Amp project. Here are the dates and times:
- -- Monday, Jan. 13 at 5:30pm (East Nashville):
East Park Community Center Theater, 600 Woodland Street;
-- Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 5:00pm (Downtown):
Nashville Downtown Partnership, 150 4th Ave N., Suite G-150;
-- Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 5:30pm (Midtown):
Metro Board of Parks & Recreation, large conference room, 2565 Park Plaza (near Centennial Park);
-- Thursday, Jan. 16 at 5:30pm (West Nashville):
West End Middle School, 3529 West End Ave (Previously this was planned for Montgomery Bell Academy).
More info: http://on.nc5.co/1kyv0nB
Saturday, January 11, 2014
- If you would like to view the results of the Metro Nashville Schools lottery: http://on.nc5.co/1exv55z
Friday, January 10, 2014
- Information on the first 500 new jobs at the Amazon facility in Murfreesboro: http://on.nc5.co/KK1X01
- The two geese rescued from an icy pond in Centennial Park Wednesday have been taken in by Walden's Puddle rehabilitation center. For more information on the group: http://on.nc5.co/1enMo9h
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- For more information on TDOT's "Yellow Dot" program go to: http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/yellowdot/
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
- To donate money to the Ronald McDonald House: http://on.nc5.co/1eleYpE
Sunday, January 5, 2014
- The Middle Tennessee Pet Resource Center is offering free hay to animal owners, in an attempt to keep pets warm in dangerously cold temperatures. Pet owners with outside animals can pick up supplies Sunday afternoon. If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com.
Friday, January 3, 2014
- Room In The Inn roomintheinn.org/
- Metro Nashville Public Schools issued an explanation of why the decision was made to delay the start of school after the winter/Christmas break. You can read the statement here: http://on.nc5.co/1f1hBlo
Thursday, January 2, 2014
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Highway conditions for Kentucky with links to surrounding states may be found at www.511.KY.GOV
More than 10,000 historic audio records are already available through the library of congress' national jukebox project. You can listen to them here
..NewsChannel 5 has obtained the full memo from MNPD Police Chief Steve Anderson to the presiding judge of the General Sessions Court regarding a domestic violence defendant who was released prior to the end of a required 12-hour "cooling off" period. The victim was assaulted again after the defendant was released.