Gallatin Man Seriously Injured In House Fire
GALLATIN, Tenn. – A Sumner County man was seriously injured in a house fire Thursday evening.
The fire was reported around 7:30 p.m. at a home on Pace Street in Gallatin.
Officials with the Gallatin Police Department said a 58-year-old man was inside the home at the time of the fire and sustained burns on 50 percent of his body. His identity has not been released.
Police said the electricity was out inside the home and the victim apparently fell asleep with lit candles burning.
The home was said to be a total loss. He was the only person inside at the time of the fire.