Woman Alerts Neighbor To Fire At Murfreesboro Apartment
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – A woman is being credited for helping save her neighbor from a fire at a Murfreesboro apartment on Friday morning.
Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue officials said the woman alerted the resident at The Grove apartments on Journey Drive and helped the woman out of a window.
Firefighters were called to the apartments around 5:15 a.m. for a stove fire. The resident was already outside and uninjured when they arrived.
The fire, which started due to unattended cooking, was extinguished by sprinklers before fire crews arrived.
Crews ventilated the apartment and contacted the
Fire Marshal's Office.