CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – A woman was badly burned in a fire at a mobile in Clarksville on Wednesday morning.
A woman in her 50s called to report a stove fire at her home on Evans Road near Britton Springs Road around 3:40 a.m.
When first responders arrived, they found the fire had spread and the mobile home was engulfed in flames. The woman was found in the bathroom with second degree burns to both arms.
She was taken to a nearby hospital, and later taken by LifeFlight to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville in critical condition.
Her name was not immediately released, as authorities were searching for her next-of-kin.
The mobile home was destroyed by the blaze. Firefighters found bread in the oven, and believe that was the point of origin.
Firefighters remained on scene more than an hour later putting out hot spots. They blocked off the road while they worked to put out the fire.