DECATURVILLE, Tenn. – New information has been released about the additional charge filed against the man accused in the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo.
Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced Tuesday that 29-year-old Zachary Adams had been charged with coercion of a witness in the case.
An affidavit from Decatur County General Sessions Court said Adams allegedly tried to threaten his own brother, who is a witness in the case and currently incarcerated in the Obion County Jail.
An inmate told investigators with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that Adams learned the inmate was going to be going to be transferred to the Obion County Jail.
He allegedly then asked the inmate to pass a message along to his brother that said in part "he's the one who started this s*** and if he don't shut his mouth he will be in the hole beside her."
The affidavit said another inmate overheard Adams make the statements, which allegedly happened around March 4.
Adams was already indicted by a Decatur County grand jury in March with felony first degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping in Bobo's death.
Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student at the time of her disappearance, was taken from her family's home in Decatur County in 2011.
The additional charge was filed after new information developed in the case.
"We will not tolerate any kind of coercion in criminal cases, but in a case like this, which has attracted so much interest and requires so many resources, rest assured we will fight hard to protect the integrity of our work as we seek justice for the family and friends of Holly Bobo," TBI Director Mark Gwyn said in a release.
Anyone with information about Bobo's disappearance has again been urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463).
- March 6, 2014: Zachary Adams Charged With Kidnapping, Murder Of Holly Bobo
March 4, 2014: Documents Reveal Details Leading Up To Zachary Adams' Arrest
- March 3, 2014: Man Whose Property Searched In Bobo Case Held On $1M Bond
- March 2, 2014: TBI Search Continues Behind House In Bobo Case
- May 11, 2013: Holly Bobo's Family Makes New Push For Search
- April 18, 2013: TBI: Purse Found Did Not Belong To Holly Bobo
- April 13, 2013: Family Remains Hopeful Two Years After Bobo Disappearance
- Aug. 22, 2012: Kidnap Survivor To Speak Up For Holly Bobo
- Aug. 11, 2012: Volunteers Continue Search for Holly Bobo
- Feb. 29, 2012: TBI Gets High Number Of Psychic Tips In Holly Bobo Case
- Feb. 21, 2012: Police Using Psychics In Search For Holly Bobo
- Feb. 1, 2012: Reward Increased To $250,000 In Holly Bobo Case
- Jan. 6, 2012: Search Warrant Issued Against Man Hampering Bobo Case
- Dec. 31, 2011: Community Gathers New Year's Eve to Remember Holly Bobo
- Oct. 12, 2011: Service Held On Holly Bobo's 21st Birthday
- Aug. 13, 2011: Benefit for Holly Bobo's Family Held at Hard Rock
- Aug. 9, 2011: Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine
- Aug. 1, 2011: Paragliders Join Search For Holly Bobo
- July 12, 2011: Truck, Car Decals Hope To Raise Awareness Of Holly Bobo
- June 25, 2011: More Than 100 Bikers Ride for Holly Bobo
- June 24, 2011: Motorcycle Ride Held Saturday For Holly Bobo
- June 23, 2011: Family Of Holly Bobo Speaks Out
- June 13, 2011: Monday Marks 2 Months Since Holly Bobo Disappearance
- May 27, 2011: Holly Bobo's Hometown Always Hopeful
- May 20, 2011: Prayer Walk For Holly Bobo Planned For Saturday
- May 13, 2011: Holly Bobo Still Missing One Month Later
- May 11, 2011: Still No Sign Of Holly Bobo Four Weeks Later
- May 5, 2011: Community Prays For Holly Bobo's Return On Day Of Prayer
- May 4, 2011: Wednesday Marks 3 Weeks Since Holly Bobo Disappeared
- May 3, 2011: Missing Student's Family Wants Property Searches
- April 24, 2011: Holly Bobo Search Volunteers Answer Call For Help On Easter Sunday
- April 21, 2011: Attempted Abduction Could Be Related To Holly Bobo Case
- April 20, 2011: Vigil Held To Mark 1-Week Since Holly Bobo's Disappearance
- April 19, 2011: Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County
- April 18, 2011: $75,000 Reward Offered In Search For Holly Bobo
- April 17, 2011: Volunteers Gather for Missing Woman Search
- April 16, 2011: Family, Friends Continue Search for Missing Woman
- April 15, 2011: Lunchbox Of Missing Woman Found In Decatur County
- April 14, 2011: Family Pleads For Help Finding Missing Decatur Co. Woman
- April 13, 2011: Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted