Lawrence County Home Destroyed By Fire
LAWRENCE COUNTY, Tenn. - Several volunteer fire departments teamed up to battle a house fire in Lawrence County that left a family without a home on Thursday night.
The Ethridge Volunteer Fire Department responded to the blaze at a large, two-story house on Buffalo Road just after 10:30 p.m.
When they arrived, flames were already coming out of a bedroom window.
The residents made it out safely. One of them told fire fighters she plugged in a space heater, left the room for just a moment, and then heard a pop.
When she returned the room was already on fire.
The Red Cross is making sure the family has clothes and a place to stay.
In addition to Ethridge, the Henryville, Summertown and Crawfish Valley Fire departments all assisted in battling the fire. Lawrence County EMS also responded.