Loading...

Couple Found Dead In Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At KOA

Couple Found Dead In Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At KOA

CREATED Mar 23, 2014

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The couple found deceased Sunday morning at a KOA campground in Nashville has been identified.

Officials with the Metro Nashville Police Department said 63-year-old Diane Turner and 53-year-old William Zinaveah were found dead inside their RV at the KOA campground on Music Valley Drive in Nashville.

Police said their bodies were discovered by a family member who traveled to Nashville from Columbia to check on their well-being. The family member had apparently not heard from the couple in several days.

According to investigators, one of the propane gas stove burners was found turned to the "on" position. They said there was no indication of foul play.

Witnesses reported the strong odor of gas inside the RV.

Family members told police the couple had recently purchased the RV and had been living at the campground for six months.

The Medical Examiner has been contacted to determine the exact cause of death.