Candlelight Vigil To Mark 3 Years Since Shelley Mook Disappeared
SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. – A candlelight vigil is planned to mark three years since Shelley Mook disappeared.
The community will gather at 7 p.m. Saturday on the court house lawn in Shelbyville.
The 24-year-old disappeared on February 28, 2011. She was last seen by her ex-husband when she dropped off their daughter at his home in Shelbyville.
About 12 hours later, police found her burning car near Murfreesboro, where she had recently moved. Her body has never been found and investigators suspect foul play.
Shelley Mook's relatives have custody of the couple's daughter. Her ex-husband, Tyler Mook, has been denied visitation with his daughter, as authorities still consider him a "person of interest" in the case. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has searched his home, but he has not been arrested.
Mook was a teacher at Harris Middle School Shelbyville.
Over the last three years, numerous searches have been conducted in Bedford, Marshall, Rutherford and Franklin Counties, but nothing has been found.
A $20,000 reward is being offered for information in the case. Anyone with information was asked to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
- July 27, 2013: Missing Persons Rally Brings Hope To Bedford County
- Jan. 11, 2013: Father Denied Visitation After 2011Disappearance Of Ex-Wife
- Sept. 7, 2012: TBI Leads Search For Missing Teacher
- Feb. 28, 2012: Shelbyville Mother, Teacher Missing For One Year
- Aug. 20, 2011: Shelbyville Families Join Forces to Find Missing Loved-Ones
- July 13, 2011: Governor Offers Rewards In 3 Missing Persons Cases
- June 1, 2011: Investigators Search State Park For Missing Teacher
- March 29, 2011: Walk To Benefit Search For Missing Teacher Saturday
- March 18, 2011: Cadaver Dogs Used To Search In Missing Teacher Case
- March 12, 2011: School Unites after Tenn. Teacher Goes Missing
- March 11, 2011: Sources Reveal New Information In Missing Teacher Case
- Mar. 10, 2011: Items Being Analyzed In Missing Teacher Case
- Mar. 7, 2011: TBI Agents Search Ex-Husband Of Missing Teacher's Home
- Mar. 6, 2011: Missing Teacher's Family, Friends Come to Search for Her
- Mar. 3, 2011: Police Find Missing School Teacher's Burned-Out Car