Loading...

Disabled Veteran Escapes Madison House Fire

Disabled Veteran Escapes Madison House Fire

CREATED Feb 17, 2014

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A disabled veteran was able to escape a fire at his Madison home without injury on Monday morning.

Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said the man went outside to check on his dogs at the home on Sanitarium Road just before 5:30 a.m. and smelled smoke when he came back inside.

The home was fully engulfed in flames when the first fire crews responded. It took them more than an hour to get the blaze under control.

No one was hurt.

The inside of the home, which was built in 1946, was gutted by the fire. 

Fire officials said they believe an electrical problem started the fire, but they were unsure of where it started. The fire marshal will investigate. 

Sanitarium Drive was closed due to fire equipment between Academy Drive & Neelys Bend Road.