Kentucky Fire Survivor Released From Hospital
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Kentucky man who was injured in a fire that killed his wife and eight of his children has been released from the hospital. The man's daughter -- his only surviving child-- remains hospitalized.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center officials said 11-year-old Kylie Watson is still listed in stable condition. Vanderbilt spokeswoman Paula Jones said the girl's father, 36-year-old Chad Watson, was discharged on Thursday.
The two had been hospitalized since January 30 after a fire swept through their home in the community of Depoy near Greenville, Ky. Police say the fire started when a combustible material fell against an electric heater in a bedroom overnight. The blaze killed La Rae "Nikki" Watson and eight children ages 4 to 15.
- Survivors Of Kentucky House Fire Make 'Remarkable Recovery'
- Kentucky Town Remembers Family Killed In Fire
- Kentucky Fire Survivors Improving
- Funeral Set For Mother, 8 Children Killed In Fire
- Hundreds Gather To Remember Mother, 8 Children Killed In Fire
- The Band Perry Offers To Pay Watson Family's Funeral Costs
- Child Who Survived Deadly Kentucky Fire Recuperating
- Mother, 8 Children Killed In Greenville House Fire
(Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)