Weather Alerts 1 View »

Electrical Fire At Murfreesboro Home Displaces Mother, Son

Electrical Fire At Murfreesboro Home Displaces Mother, Son

CREATED Jan 8, 2014

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – An electrical fire displaced a mother and son from their Murfreesboro home on Tuesday afternoon.

Heavy smoke and flames were visible from the home on S. Baird Lane when Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue got on the scene around 11:15 a.m. The street where the home is located is just north of Bradyville Pike.

Sky 5 HD showed smoke pouring from the front and left side of the single-story, brick home. 

The fire quickly spread into the attic and had to be ventilated through the roof. An investigation found the fire started in the electrical panel box in the garage, which had been converted into a storage area. 

The home suffered heavy smoke, fire, and water damage and made it uninhabitable for the mother and son who lived there. 

Both were able to get out of the home safely, and no one was hurt. The Red Cross was assisting the family with a place to stay.