Best of sports on WTMJ in summer of 2014
Brett Favre. Photo: Image by TODAY'S TMJ4
Labor Day doesn't unfortunately bring a live Sports Central show, but it does bring a chance to reflect on the best sports interviews from this summer.
There have been a few fantastic interviews full of humor and quality discussino over the past few months. Here's a description and link of five of the best, in no particular order:
- Brett Favre, August 8: Possibly the biggest news off the field of any team this summer was the announced return of former Packers great Brett Favre to Green Bay in 2015. Favre joined Wisconsin's Morning News in his first interview since the announcement.
- Marc Lasry, June 23: Marc Lasry and his business partner Wes Edens certainly had a big summer. They drafted top prospect Jabari Parker, made progress on a new downtown arena and also infamously hired Jason Kidd. Lasry joined Sports Central in June to discuss the first few months on the job.
- Frank Caliendo, August 7: In need of some comedic relief? Look no further than Waukesha's own Frank Caliendo. He joined Sports Central with a few impressions, and the latest on his role with ESPN during this upcoming NFL season.
- Jabari Parker, June 27: The day after Jabari Parker was drafted, he was all over Milwaukee. The former Duke star ran into John Mercure and Doug Russell at Summerfest and was on Wisconsin's Afternoon News.
- Joe Theismann, June 18: Joe Theismann joined Sports Central to discuss the name of the franchise that was causing such a stir. The former NFL MVP voiced his clear opinion about whether the name should stay or go.